Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jul 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
European standards ? Nope. Our ice cream in Italy is way way ahead

Mind playing tricks, back then they tasted great because there was less great new products around to eat.
That may well be true. Magnums are not quite as soft either!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Club biscuits ...
"If you like a lotta chocolate on your biscuit join our club!" The advert used to go.
Indeed the chocolate was so
thick i used to enjoy nibbling it off as a kid 😋 !
Not now though.. its as thin as anything 🙁
That may just be your teeth! There is always one side that is thicker and nibblable!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

You are not alone, I feel the same about crisps there’s just no way a bag of Walkers crisps taste anything like those “canny bags of Tudor” from my childhood by favourites being the roast chicken flavour and the beef ones. Those crisp bags used to take ages to eat and every bite was packed with flavour in a decent size bag of over 30g even the old Salt n Shake bags don’t taste the same. Perhaps it’s the modern cooking oils they use. I can remember being given a Wagon Wheel as a kid and it took ages to eat and both hands to hold it all washed down with only the best whole milk straight from the silver topped milk bottle ( only the cream though or Mum would tan my hide).
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
You are not alone, I feel the same about crisps there’s just no way a bag of Walkers crisps taste anything like those “canny bags of Tudor” from my childhood by favourites being the roast chicken flavour and the beef ones. Those crisp bags used to take ages to eat and every bite was packed with flavour in a decent size bag of over 30g even the old Salt n Shake bags don’t taste the same. Perhaps it’s the modern cooking oils they use. I can remember being given a Wagon Wheel as a kid and it took ages to eat and both hands to hold it all washed down with only the best whole milk straight from the silver topped milk bottle ( only the cream though or Mum would tan my hide).
Definitely. A wagon wheel needed 2 hands! And glass of milk.
Old 3 Jul 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

don’t forget that children have significantly more tastebuds than adults so that’s probably why things taste different.

but also, everything has changed
Old 3 Jul 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

I think feast were the best in class back then but we’ve been spoiled since with the likes of magnum etc x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Feast definitely aren’t the same, I think it’s the chocolate outside bit that’s changed.

Cadbury’s isn’t the same since Kraft took it over - still my favourite chocolate though.

What’s a toffee crumble bar and a mivvi?!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
Feast definitely aren’t the same, I think it’s the chocolate outside bit that’s changed.

Cadbury’s isn’t the same since Kraft took it over - still my favourite chocolate though.

What’s a toffee crumble bar and a mivvi?!
I think the difference in the feast is the middle bit. It used to be far tastier.

I’ve boycotted Creme Eggs since they stopped using Dairy Milk chocolate for them 😔

I’d forgotten about Toffee Crumbles, I used to love them!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Feasts have changed however I do still love them.

I used to love Fray Bentos meatballs, mainly for the sauce but they’re not the same.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
I think the difference in the feast is the middle bit. It used to be far tastier.

I’ve boycotted Creme Eggs since they stopped using Dairy Milk chocolate for them 😔

I’d forgotten about Toffee Crumbles, I used to love them!
I agree ... the centre was bland, it used to be the best bit!