Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 5 Feb 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Head is going to Explode with planning

Hello Lovely Dibbers.

Well we are at the 6 month mark and planning is starting to become real, but i am really struggling with the planning side of it.

We ( Me and my 11 year old Son) are there from the 6th August to the 20th 2020. Staying at Caribbean Beach. We are on the QSDP but am planning to pay for a couple of sit down meals OOP -Here is what i have so far.

Thursday 6th August
Arrive MCO
MDE to Caribbean Beach, Unpack, QS meal, maybe a swim if not completely cross eyed.

Friday 7th August
Up early with Jet lag - Hopefully
Magic Kingdom for EMH
BOG Lunch

Saturday 8th August-
Hollywood Studios
Ogas Canteen & Sci Fi Diner
(Am hoping to be up early so can get into Glax.Edge for boarding group if still running or get in que early for Millenium Falcon.

Sunday 9th August
Discovery Cove
PM Epcot

Monday 10th August
Animal Kingdom

Tuesday 11th August
AM Swim / Outlet Shop day
PM - Havent decided - Possibly Park till close

Wednesday 12th
AM Swim
PM Magic Kingdom

Thursday 13th -
Sea World
PM- Havent Decided - Prob just Dinner somewhere

Friday 14th -
Epcot
Space ADR if possible

Saturday 15th -
Animal Kingdom EMH

Sunday 16th -
Hollywood Studios EMH
Break for late Lunch/ Swim
Back to either Hollywood or Magic Kingdom PM

Monday 17th -
?

Tuesday 18th -
Morning Rest / Swim
ADR Homecomming/ Trex
Evening MNSSHP

Wednesday 19th -
Hollywood Studios - Last change to get photos, star wars stuff done.
PM Magic Kingdom

Thursday 20th -
Up early to transfer over to Universal / Hard Rock

How is this looking so far? Any changes or Suggestions Welcome.
Have tried to plan some rest bits in as we are not naturally early morning people lol.

We have tried to fit most parks in twice at least so we have time to get everything done. Am also looking at maybe adding in an after hours event for either Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios if possible for our dates.

The only other thing is that my Son has requested maybe going to park fare for Dinner or possibly a character breakfast in at some point.

Any help or advice would be appreciated ... Am starting to think i need a holiday from the stress of planning this holiday
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Serious Dibber

First of all don't stress or put to much emphasis on your plan, it honestly won't make or break your holiday. You will remember the holiday for what you did when not what you planned to do. You should see your plan as a starting point that is fluid and changeable once you arrive. All that said it looks pretty good to me, you have planned in some downtime/lighter things to give yourself a break (a lot of people underestimate how hard touring parks is especially given the heat). Hope you and your son have a great time, and i'm sure you will
Blueste is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Itís easy to get overwhelmed, but at this moment what is important is booking your ADRs. Do you have the ones youíve mentioned booked? BoG, Ogaís Cantina, Sci-Fi Diner? Now see if you can fit in one of the things your son has asked for. What I did at this stage was booked a few alternative dates too in case my fps didnít go to plan and I needed to switch days. So I had 2 bookings for two different days for BoG and two for Ogaís, then cancelled the ones I didnít need when I sorted my fps.
Then, you can switch to concentrating on fps. So based on your ADRís you have a rough plan for which day in which park. Then decide, maybe with your son, what rides in each park you really want to do. Then see which ones you should fp and which ones to queue for. Bear in mind fps are now available for Millennium Falcon, but very hard to get.
Just try not to work it all out at once! It works into place in the end, and you do need rest days and flexibility. Enjoy the planning
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

I know just how youíre feeling, we also arrive on the 6th and a lot of our days look very similar to yours. Weíre doing 12 nights at YC, so DDP, and then 9 at HRH so may bump into you unknowingly at some stage. Thereís me, DH and DS (14). With ADR day this Saturday I think Iíve planned our days but know that HS are bound to change their opening hours - aaah! Weíre leaving Seaworld and Busch Gardens until we move to HRH so hoping we can shuffle Disney days around if we need to. Iíve signed up to Touring Plans just to get a rough route around each park as weíve only been once before so donít really know them very well. Thatís helping with possible FP timings and means Iíve also moved some meal times backwards and forwards slightly. Iím hoping I can step away from the planning for a while after this weekend, although still keeping an eye out for MNSSHP. Looks like there might be one on 13th which would be fab as we move to HRH on 18th so miss that one. See you at the HRH pool 🍹
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - Northern Europe
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
I know just how youíre feeling, we also arrive on the 6th and a lot of our days look very similar to yours. Weíre doing 12 nights at YC, so DDP, and then 9 at HRH so may bump into you unknowingly at some stage. Thereís me, DH and DS (14). With ADR day this Saturday I think Iíve planned our days but know that HS are bound to change their opening hours - aaah! Weíre leaving Seaworld and Busch Gardens until we move to HRH so hoping we can shuffle Disney days around if we need to. Iíve signed up to Touring Plans just to get a rough route around each park as weíve only been once before so donít really know them very well. Thatís helping with possible FP timings and means Iíve also moved some meal times backwards and forwards slightly. Iím hoping I can step away from the planning for a while after this weekend, although still keeping an eye out for MNSSHP. Looks like there might be one on 13th which would be fab as we move to HRH on 18th so miss that one. See you at the HRH pool 🍹
Were going round the same time too! I've also got touring plans, I found it was fantastic in 2014 x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List