Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Aug 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

we always do stay and scream but also always buy FFP+express or ROF+express it is a we bit more expensive but our holidays are planned around HHN .. last year we needed 5 so that was a pretty penny lol .. this year its only 3 as its me and my 2 boys.
I find going mulitiple nights is great as the houses are never the same when you go through and the scareactors make it a different experience in both houses and scare zones
Lisa x
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LisaMouse
Very Serious Dibber

Is there any benefit to booking a universal hotel for when HHN is on? Do they offer any early entry or benefits?

Is stay and scream an extra? We have two nights HHN booked and are going on 23rd September at the start of our holiday and on 5th October at the end of our holiday with the plan being to do as much as we can on the first night, and if we have the money left in the budget to maybe get express passes on the second time we go depending on what we have left!
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LisaMouse View Post
Is there any benefit to booking a universal hotel for when HHN is on? Do they offer any early entry or benefits?

Is stay and scream an extra? We have two nights HHN booked and are going on 23rd September at the start of our holiday and on 5th October at the end of our holiday with the plan being to do as much as we can on the first night, and if we have the money left in the budget to maybe get express passes on the second time we go depending on what we have left!
As far as I know there is no extra benefits to staying onsite when it comes to HHN.

In regards to stay and scream, this is for people who have a normal universal day ticket and a HHN ticket. If you have both you can go to universal during the day and not have to exit before HHN, you just check into one of the holding areas with you HHN ticket and you'll get a head start getting into houses.

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LisaMouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post
As far as I know there is no extra benefits to staying onsite when it comes to HHN.

In regards to stay and scream, this is for people who have a normal universal day ticket and a HHN ticket. If you have both you can go to universal during the day and not have to exit before HHN, you just check into one of the holding areas with you HHN ticket and you'll get a head start getting into houses.
Ahh fab! That'll be us then! Thank you for explaining!
Old 17 Aug 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LisaMouse View Post
Ahh fab! That'll be us then! Thank you for explaining!
No problem! Hope you have an awesome time

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

The only extra benefit on staying at an onsite hotel is that there is a separate entrance for hotel guests only.

It can shave a few minutes off if you are entering at the start of the event.

Not really worth booking for that alone. Although I have booked a night at the HRH to coincide with being at HHN merely so I can stumble back rather than having to get a taxi! lol.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
biggee30
Proud to wear my Ears

Hello

looking for some advice on HHN express pass purchase.

I already have my HHN tickets(buy one night get one free).the back of the ticket says "valid for two(2) sun-fri HHN event nights " so no saturday night?

we arrive wed 11th oct and leave sun 21st oct staying at universal hard rock for the duration( 1st night stay at aventura)

I was thinking of adding on one night of express pass but know what date to go for!because of the expense the cheapest express pass price for our dates is $89;99 plus tax ea----just over £70 each x4----ouch!

this is for a week after we arrive wed 17th and we go home the sunday after this.

whats the best option try normal lines the first week and get a feel for the night and do express pass the second week the cheapest wedensday or pay $10 extra pp and do the express pass the thurs after we arrive.

Also wheres best place to buy express via the website orlando.halloweenhorrornight...roducts/extras

and because i already have admission tiks are these just add ons and print at home with bar codes on them

thanks in advance for any suggestions
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

If you already have tickets I suspect they are vouchers that need to be exchanged at the gate. I am guessing you have park tickets, in which case you can do Stay and Scream on your first visit so should be able to hit 3 houses without much of a wait. The rest would be around a 2 hour wait each if caught on a quiet night.
One option would be to do this on both nights, then at around 10pm have a chat with one of the Express Pass sellers as they often discount them. This would give you a couple of hours each night with Express to catch the houses you have missed it want to do again.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Have the opening and closing times been announced? Wondering what time it will finish
Be aware that closing times will vary. Usually later on the busy Fri/Sat nights and 12/1am on the (slightly) less busier nights. Check on the day just to be sure.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hiya everyone. First timers to Orlando and HHN. Had no intentions of going as didn't expect it to be open. (we arrive on the 3rd Sep). So was surprised to find that we can make the opening night and the Sunday before we fly home on the Monday. I expect the open night will be crazy busy. But im still really excited and can't wait to see what its all about and conpare it to Thrope Park lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List