Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 09, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by melandjake View Post
I`d love to here about Santa Monica and MGM Grand, did you enjoy both? Was it easy to go to all the areas you did from Santa Monica

Anything you wouldnt do again?
Mel
See above for the MGM - sorry I don't know how to reply to more than one post at a time. Santa Monica was great, and it was easy to get everywhere with the help of our trusty tom-tom, who we set up with a Californian voice ("in 50 yards you're like so totally where you need to be"!). The traffic coming back from Knotts Berry Farm was diabolical but we were kind of prepared for that to be the case.

I would have hated to try and navigate LA without the tom-tom though.

The only thing I might have changed was that when we got to Las Vegas, after 1363 miles of driving(!) on the first day there we found it all a bit much and it took us a day to get used to being there. With hindsight I may have planned to end the road trip somewhere a bit more laid back but its only a maybe and other than that we wouldn't have changed a single thing!
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by rpbert1 View Post
One question, did you book Alcatraz tour before you went.
I did indeed, I booked the night tour as soon as the tickets were released! (about 3 months before). You just paid online and then downloaded and printed off your tickets.
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for that, so will ned to remember to bookit for when ever we have found out what days we will be in San Fran
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 09, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bevawelly View Post
There was a lot of confusion over the "buffet deal" we were given three different interpretations of it from three different members of staff but in the end we made someone write it down and sign it with their name!
This is very interesting. We had exactly the same problem back in July - and the promotion had already been running a few months then. Considering it is, or should be, such a simple promo, I'm somewhat amazed The MGM (which is normally so good at Customer Service) doesn't appear to have got a grip on this, even now?
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 09, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Sounds like an amazing trip. Would love to hear more details.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 09, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Sound like a great time! Im going to San Francisco next year & after that Yosemuite for 2 nights. I was wondering did you get your car at the airport or in SF centre. Im planning on getting a car the day we are leaving SF to get to Yosemite. How did you find the drive and how long did it take you? I'll have sat nav so hoping itll be easy enough! Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 09, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip. Would love to hear more details.
Ask me anything you would like to know and I will do my best to answer.
Old 25 Oct 09, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kerryh View Post
Sound like a great time! Im going to San Francisco next year & after that Yosemuite for 2 nights. I was wondering did you get your car at the airport or in SF centre. Im planning on getting a car the day we are leaving SF to get to Yosemite. How did you find the drive and how long did it take you? I'll have sat nav so hoping itll be easy enough! Thanks.
Funnily enough we did exactly the same. Flew into San Francisco, stayed there for 3 nights and then collected our car the day we were leaving to go to Yosemite (for 2 nights, the same as you). We collected the car from a nearby hotel (I forget the name of it but it was within walking distance of our hotel).
We also had satnav and we said time and time again that it was the best decision we made. It took all the stress out of driving and navigating and we did not get lost once. The drive to Yosemite took around 4 hours, and we actually got there earlier than we expected. We ended up driving straight to Glacier Point when we arrived and I am really glad we did as it gave us more time the following day to see things. We had the time to hike to the top of Bridalveil Falls which was not something we had planned to do but we were so pleased we had the chance to do so as we enjoyed it very much.

Edited at 09:27 PM.
Old 31 Oct 09, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bevawelly View Post
hired a limo for an hour (great fun!), took a helicopter trip over the strip at night
Would love to hear more about these please.
Siobhan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Where did you book the helicopter flight over the strip and can you remember the cost - was it worth it? It is on my list. Also do you think it was worth hiring the limo and again how much was it? Thanks.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread