Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Flight prices 2022 :(

We where booked to fly July 2021 and not sure what is going on as everyone is...

We have moved hotels/tickets and car to 2022 but worried about the costs of flights next year. I have checked prices for April/May 22 and the prices are about £1500 per person!

If this is the case we won't be travelling next year either.

We are waiting to see if we get our money back from our virgin tickets ( via KLM ) but was hoping they may just move the flights to 22... ( travel agent says possible but doesn't know yet)

Anyone have any idea when we will be able to fly and what the prices are coming out to next year?
Old 18 Jun 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
We where booked to fly July 2021 and not sure what is going on as everyone is...

We have moved hotels/tickets and car to 2022 but worried about the costs of flights next year. I have checked prices for April/May 22 and the prices are about £1500 per person!

If this is the case we won't be travelling next year either.

We are waiting to see if we get our money back from our virgin tickets ( via KLM ) but was hoping they may just move the flights to 22... ( travel agent says possible but doesn't know yet)

Anyone have any idea when we will be able to fly and what the prices are coming out to next year?
At this moment no one knows when we will be able to fly - lots of dates are mentioned but no confirmed date.

Flight only fares are released as follows:-

BA 355 days in advance on a rolling daily basis

VS, AA, andother airlines tend to be 330 days in advance.

Tui are a charter airline and prices already released

Edited at 10:15 AM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Where have you looked and what airport are you flying from?

I was checking out May 2022 for business class earlier in the week (from London) and found flights for not much more than £1500. I have just checked various dates April / May on Expedia and economy is around £500 per person for most dates I checked although rising to £1000 per person for the dates that actually covered Easter Sunday.

Nobody yet knows when we might be able to fly.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Are you looking for the easter holidays, or anytime in April / May

Virgin are from £474 on Tues Apr 26 till May 10th.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Are you looking for the easter holidays, or anytime in April / May

Virgin are from £474 on Tues Apr 26 till May 10th.
We are looking for July 31st for 23 nights from Manchester - but the flights aren't available yet

We paid £2084 for 5 direct with KLM/Virgin
Old 18 Jun 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
We are looking for July 31st for 23 nights from Manchester - but the flights aren't available yet

We paid £2084 for 5 direct with KLM/Virgin
I am a bit confused, do you mean you were looking at April / May purely because that is the latest dates available? Anyway as mentioned these are readily available for £500 and I have looked again for Manchester flights and much the same.

You will need to hang on a few more months before you can price up the summer next year, but the April / May prices are not something that I think you need to be particularly concerned about, they seem relatively normal.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

I got mid-March Virgin PE for 2 people direct LHR-MIA for £1592 total, I was quite happy with that.

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerliz
Excited about Disney

I have booked VA Manchester - MCO for March 22. When they first came out flights were £684 pp for economy classic. It felt a bit too expensive for me so we waited. 6 weeks later I checked the flights and they’d gone up to £740 each! I thought what have I done! There was no way I was happy to pay that much. Anyway I checked every day for a couple of days after that and they suddenly went down to £595 pp which we booked. It seems like they fluctuate a lot. I think if you know the general amount you are happy to pay then you can weigh up if it’s worth waiting it out as prices seem to go up and down a lot. As soon as it’s a price you’re relatively happy with book and don’t check it again in case prices have gone down more 😂

DLP - Sequoia Lodge - May 2019
WDW POP Century + Universal Aventura - March 2022
DLP - Newport Bay - January 2023
WDW POP Cenury - September 2023

Edited at 12:11 PM.
tinkerliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerliz View Post
I have booked VA Manchester - MCO for March 22. When they first came out flights were £684 pp for economy classic. It felt a bit too expensive for me so we waited. 6 weeks later I checked the flights and they’d gone up to £740 each! I thought what have I done! There was no way I was happy to pay that much. Anyway I checked every day for a couple of days after that and they suddenly went down to £595 pp which we booked. It seems like they fluctuate a lot. I think if you know the general amount you are happy to pay then you can weigh up if it’s worth waiting it out as prices seem to go up and down a lot. As soon as it’s a price you’re relatively happy with book and don’t check it again in case prices have gone down more 😂
I'm a nightmare for checking once I've booked

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Check flydrive prices with virgin holidays they are reasonable .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 06:55 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List