Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jan 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Ok I might sound like the worse Mum and Nanna, BUT.. I loved Disney with our Children when they were little, I loved Disney with our Grandchildren this year... BUT I so preferred it with just myself and Husband
Our inner child came out when we wanted it to on the rides, But then it was great going to Disney springs having a lovely meal and a few drinks or Two Being Adults
We really enjoyed Epcot as we got to stop and read and just walk about, We found this with all parks it was just lovely to walk around take it all in without having to worry about rides.
As we were on dining plan we saved some of our TS and had signature dining which was so lovely and relaxed.
I just love the easy come easy go as an Adult, It really is a different type of Disney experiance. I am sure you are going to love it
Old 2 Jan 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Our adult Son comes with us for the Spring and Autumn trips. The 4 week Summer one is our time!
We still do the parks and exploit them to the fullest but if we want to sit on a wall in Epcot for an hour we will. The whole holiday is more chilled out and relaxed and there is less emphasis on having to do things right now!
Saying that we are taking the Granddaughter this Summer so that quiet time is being eroded.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Some possibilities :- Signature dining, exploring the little alleyways in MK and Epcot properly, Food & Wine festival, shopping for stuff other than football boots and Converse shoes without the 'can we leave yet?' Etc. There are also a number of tours you can do that are adults only - not sure exactly which ones but I think the are all on MDE. Cava de Tequilla in Epcot is fun. Maybe a spa package at the GF?

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wellbehaved
Getting Excited

We are having our first 'just us two' Orlando adventure this year too. We are looking forward to doing just what we want, and not compromising to accommodate a third person. Lots of slowish dining, a few cocktails, ambling instead of rushing and getting up when we want! Can't flippin' wait!

Pam
wellbehaved is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We go as a couple most trips, and the main differences are that you can have a selfish holiday and do just as you want, when you want. We love stopping for drinks and snacks at Disney Springs etc, making ADRs for around 8pm at signature restaurants and enjoying a bottle of wine with it, shopping as long as we want, staying in bed late if we choose and having a coffee and pastry on the balcony while we decide where to go. Fab
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Keys to the kingdom tour?
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi this July will be our 3rd trip without kids. Relaxed holiday some golf some retail therapy . We still visit parks but stroll and do the rides we like, evenings nice meal few drinks and use Disney transport back to okw . Offsite you could visit some of the state parks,winter garden,gun range or how about a few days on the coast
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks so much for the ideas
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post

How exciting! I'm planning the trip DH and I will take without the children in 10 years

There's lots I would like to do at Epcot that they're not interested in though this may change as they get older. I would do MK differently and probably do some very late nights with the 1am closing if they still do this.

I don't drink but there are a couple of restuarantspots I'd like to do just us.

I would do a slower pace all round to be honest and I would love to do HP where I could immerse myself selfishly

I'd like to go to Boardwalk and celebration too. Oh and shopping! Ds hates shopping and dd12 is not too keen but I love to hunt down bargains

I can't wait
I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Beyond Disney you could do a helicopter flight, hot air balloon, airboat ride, shooting range, sky-diving experience (indoor). The Orlando Eye and maybe the aquarium and Madame Tussaud's in the same complex. There's a selection of bars and eating places in that area, makes a nice evening.

A couple of hours in Celebration for breakfast, lunch or an ice cream.

The cinema in Disney Springs where you can eat while watching the film.

A spa day - in Disney or some of the 5 star hotels offsite.

Within WDW you can go horse ride big (suitable for beginners).

Kennedy Space Centre. A football or baseball match. A concert (I saw Eric Clapton and Roger Daltrey at the old Amway Centre a few years ago).

The coasts - Gulf or Atlantic. Everglades, Tampa, Miami, the Keys.

Even a couple of days in New York at the start of your trip.

Hope this helps.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List