Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jul 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Undecided with a few restaurants

Hi all,

We are staying for 10 nights and are on the DDP. We have been before and have done quite a few character meals but the kids love these, so still need to do a couple of these.

Kids will be 11, 8 and 7, I wouldn't say they are fussy eaters, but tend to stick to all types of English/American food, kids food, pasta or salmon.

We have 10 TS credits to use and I think we will use as below. Is there any that you think I should swap for other recommendations?

Homecomin (1) Have heard good reviews on this.
Beeches and Cream (1) We want to get the kitchen sink.
CRT (2) This is a must for us, so cant be swapped.
Crystal Palace (1) Again a must for us as the kids love the characters here.
Garden Grill (1) A new one for us, have heard good reviews.
Sanaa (1) I would like to eat here for the food, but the kids will only eat chicken tenders here/other kid food, they wont try a curry or something similar. I want to go here though because I think its a great setting and you can see the animals from your table. Possibly I need to swap this one for another recommendation?
T Rex (1) This is probably a must for us. Could maybe be swapped with something else. We have done TRex and Rainforest Café before.
Hoop De Doo (2) Kids really loved Mickeys Backyard BBQ last time and this seems to be something similar.

I have heard great stuff about Yak and Yeti, although I suppose this would be wasted on my kids, if they wont eat noodles etc.

So, I am open to suggestions or recommendations on any place that I should swap for somewhere else.

Final question, is it possible for us to go to a TS restaurant and only I eat, and they maybe order some side dishes for the kids? Would I need to pay OOP for the sides? Do we all need to use our TS credits in the same restaurants?
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

They all sound like great choices. We are going to a lot of the same ones ourselves. We have booked Beaches and Cream but probably going to pay OOP as we only want to try the loaded fries and have a couple of sundaes to share between the 4 of us. We are trying to stretch our credits at some locations so we can visit more 2 credit restaurants. At Homecomin’ for example, the portions are massive, so we are using 2 adult credits and 1 child’s. We have an 11 and 6 year old and the 11 year old has a small appetite but is on the adult dining plan. We are hoping to save a few credits by sharing at certain places.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Mobile

What fab idea thanks. Can’t believe I didn’t think of just sharing food and saving credits.

Think I will also pay OOP for the kitchen sink at beeches & cream as I think it is only $30 and I think otherwise they take 4 credits.

Thanks!
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like you have a great plan already.
Have you thought about Boma in place of your Sanaa reservation? I’ve chosen it because my kids are quite fussy and unadventurous but me and DH like to try new things. As it’s a buffet I’m hoping we’ll all be able to choose something we’re happy with.
Hoop Dee Doo is brilliant, you will have a fab time there!
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I recommend Tusker House in AK for breakfast, it was the best character one by far and gets fantastic reviews, I also hear the lunch and Dinner is just as good.
If you've done Rainforest and t rex I would try and swap them out, as they always get pretty low reviews, I know people don't go there for the food necessary but there are lots of better places out there.
I would also say check out you tube and the DFB guides for lots of reviews of all the restaurants.
I'm trying the jungle skipper canteen in MK this year as it gets great reviews and a bit of a fun experience as they carry on with cruise theme 😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

We enjoy many of the same places that you already have on your list. We love Crystal Palace so are returning for that one. We have done Yak and Yeti and really enjoyed that too. We are trying Boma next year as I thought there’s more on the menu there that my children will enjoy rather than Sanaa. Have you thought about Ohana? Our girls love it there but not sure if yours would? Possibly have a look at the menu and see.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
I recommend Tusker House in AK for breakfast, it was the best character one by far and gets fantastic reviews, I also hear the lunch and Dinner is just as good.
If you've done Rainforest and t rex I would try and swap them out, as they always get pretty low reviews, I know people don't go there for the food necessary but there are lots of better places out there.
I would also say check out you tube and the DFB guides for lots of reviews of all the restaurants.
I'm trying the jungle skipper canteen in MK this year as it gets great reviews and a bit of a fun experience as they carry on with cruise theme 😆
I had lunch at Tusker House last year and it was great. The food was yummy - a mixture of adventurous and unadventurous - and the character interaction was great fun
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List