Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Looking for your advice !

We are due to fly out in October

I literally can’t make heads or tales of the new way of Orlando
Iv cried over this - what magic is in store?

Should we go / should we put off until the same time next year?
Change date ?

Iv only seen tim tracker videos and really don’t like the look of things and that was just universal

I was talking to a friend earlier who’s a well of Florida knowledge he seems to think Go this year as next will be manic

What’s your thoughts ?
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Check out "hit the theme parks" im still going in sept, however as we go yearly for 4weeks we will be having a villa holiday.
But please check out Hit the theme parks, his news is bang on👍
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t think anyone can really help make that decision. We chose not to go as it’s a very expensive holiday that takes all of our disposable income (we probably couldn’t have afforded it anyway this year) and I don’t want a diluted experience. I’m also so sick of the phrase “social distancing” I can’t bare to hear it on holiday!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm with you! My head is all over the place! Tbh I dont think universal looks that bad. We've been cancelling, going, postponing, cancelling and now back to going again. I'm not putting off until next year as everyone seems to be cancelling and going in 21. We're going if we can and will make the best of It. we've been twice before. Theres no right or wrong decisions here...everyone's circumstances are different

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Your friend's probably right about it being manic next year as October is the official 50th.although it will run for several months I believe.

Edited at 07:49 PM.
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think it depends. Is this your once in a lifetime holiday or do you go pretty regularly? I'm due to go at the end of September, and if we're allowed in the US & my plane is going I'll be going. But I've been before and will be going again. If this was my first visit I think I'd reschedule to next year and hope things are a bit more normal by then.

I think all of 2021 is going to be busy because of both people rescheduling and the anniversary. I wouldn't let that put you though, nowadays Disney is always busy.
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the replies guys keep them coming

It will be my 14th trip however not been since 2013 so we’ll out of practice, saved my hardest for this trip and almost a “new start” to life trip, my kids been keen go since 2013 now 12 years old so exited

I just don’t know what to expect in terms of ride queues how can those be distanced

I went to Aldi earlier and there was actually no social distancing whatsoever more a free for all
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I suggest you go to YouTube and search for more videos from Universal Studios. Just getting one point of view is not that helpful.

You need to manage your expectations.

You need to decide what the Disney Parks experience means to you. Will you keep comparing it to previous trips and be unhappy that so much is restricted or not available? Will you be excited to see the new changes and having new different and unique experiences?

Everyone one of us experiences the parks differently. Put it this way, if I could I would be in Disneyland by any means possible and I would be over the moon just to sit on a bench on Main Street and be surrounded by the sights and sounds of the park, even if all the rides were closed, there were no characters, no entertainment and the only things open were food places.

Would you be sitting beside me on that park bench wearing a mask as I offer you some hand sanitiser?
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Who knows what the impact of the Us economy will have on next years numbers, pre-C19 I would have agreed & said "rammed" but I would expect that lots of US families are now looking closely at their future finances. Also all plans for the "Big 50" are now 4 months behind schedule not to mention the financial loss that Disney has suffered.
From the Vloggers that I've seen, I get the impression that this year is a miss- Virtual queuing has been full within 30 mins of park opening & all in it's a lot of money to spend & only get a fraction of what you were going to get - it's not as if they are all discounting tickets IYKWIM
We've decided not to go & have booked flights & one hotel for May, so far
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simba and nala View Post
We are due to fly out in October

I literally can’t make heads or tales of the new way of Orlando
Iv cried over this - what magic is in store?

Should we go / should we put off until the same time next year?
Change date ?

Iv only seen tim tracker videos and really don’t like the look of things and that was just universal

I was talking to a friend earlier who’s a well of Florida knowledge he seems to think Go this year as next will be manic

What’s your thoughts ?
Watch Rix Flix and Prince Charming Dev they have good up loads
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List