Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by OttoPlugnut View Post
As I said - it’s never ever acceptable in any instance .
I wasn’t insinuating that you didn’t believe that - I just don’t get why our tolerance levels for drink driving celebrities is so high - again the amount of defending I’ve seen on Twitter with even the press saying it’s ‘sad and worrying’ rather than condemning it

Far less has been done by other ‘celebrities’ and they’ve been condemned as vile and disgusting by the same press
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
Don’t worry with itv on the case in a couple of months he will be doing the I’ve let everybody down interviews and everything will be forgotten

I hasten to add I can’t stand people that drive drunk
I'm going to start by saying s couple of things

1) my primary concern is for the welfare of the child

2) we don't know he was drunk - he had alcohol in his bloodstream which isn't the same thing even if the test results are positive

3) like others previously I don't drink and drive and never have. This maybe because when I was younger I saw first hand how a drink related accident can change the lives of innocent people)

This will be an interesting one for ITV for many reasons one of which is because it's a live show and there is an on going competition for which the prize (as I understand it) is to see Ant and Dec live in universal studios Florida. My feeling is that the will drop Ant - I wonder if Steven mulhern (name, sp) could step in.

Watch this space
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Also, if he had a bad night on the ale, surely it would be gone by 4pm!? ... And, I thought he'd given up the drink? :/
The drink driver who caused our crash was 5 times over the legal limit at 7pm ( thatswhen the police found him hiding in a field near to where we crashed). from the night before!

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
In this case there's no excuse for it. He's wealthy enough to employ a driver , he had at least one other person with him to say "you can't drive" and he still did it. It made my flesh crawl to see people trying to imply it was OK if it was from the night before and not that day. It makes no difference.
The sad thing is no one present cared enough to take the keys off him and say no you can't drive. Maybe a few drinks with Sunday lunch and then taking the dogs out is his norm and Lisa drove in the past.
I'm sure ITV are desperately trying to limit the damage , as someone said they clearly gagged Piers this morning and I'm expecting the same from This Morning and Loose Women later.
If he really wasn't well enough to return to work then ITV, his friends and family and yes even Dec bear some responsibility too if they did nothing but ultimately he's a forty something adult who appears to be capable of performing his usual job so is equally capable of not doing something so stupid and dangerous... whether this was a one off lapse of judgement or a regular pattern and he just hasn't got caught out before.
It was obvious piers had been gagged this morning and I also wonder how Philip Schofield will approach this cos he's another one who talks about anything and everything on twitter, I reckon he had the same talk piers morgan got... Now if this was anyone else it would be main topic of conversation on this morning, big phone in subject etc etc but I'm thinking not much will be mentioned?
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If it was faulty they'd not have held him for questioning. He'd have had a blood test at the station and got released if it was clear, no need for questioning especially as the child's hospital visit appears precautionary only.
No doubt the press were all parked outside the police station trying to catch him leaving ,Im sure they descended like vultures.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

No one knows the facts yet. He may not even be guilty! I don't condone drink driving at all, but I also like to wait and see the full details before I speculate

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
No one knows the facts yet. He may not even be guilty! I don't condone drink driving at all, but I also like to wait and see the full details before I speculate
I completely agree. I hate this 'trial by press' situation we have currently.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
It takes our liver about an hour to process one unit of alcohol, so if he still had alcohol in his system at 4pm from the night before then he must have had a skin full, where is his support from rehab?
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
It was obvious piers had been gagged this morning and I also wonder how Philip Schofield will approach this cos he's another one who talks about anything and everything on twitter, I reckon he had the same talk piers morgan got... Now if this was anyone else it would be main topic of conversation on this morning, big phone in subject etc etc but I'm thinking not much will be mentioned?
Just switched on Matthew Wright to see if he as a non ITV bod is as quiet about it. Although possibly not as so far he doesn't appear to be charged so a bit of a legal minefield.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I completely agree drink driving is wrong and feel for everyone affected by others stupidity.

I don't watch Ant & Dec but the little I've read in the media is that Ant is an addict. This doesn't stop just because he's done some rehab. Once an addict always an addict. Only difference is if you choose to stop using or not.

If he's had a drink then his friends and family are as much to blame for allowing him to. Yes he can afford a driver. Yes he shouldn't drive if he's had a drink but as a recovering addict he shouldn't have a drink in the first place.

I think he'll do more rehab, get the sympathy vote and be back on our screens.

Too many celebs drink drive just like too many 'normal' people do. Unfortunately others suffer the consequences.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List