Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There used to be a baggage storage place at these outlets years ago. I also think there was some sort of early check in place there, maybe back in the Tavel City Direct days.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
There used to be a baggage storage place at these outlets years ago. I also think there was some sort of early check in place there, maybe back in the Tavel City Direct days.
Yes that's right. We used it when the old TCD had offices there, think it was in 2006

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I wouldn’t be leaving my packed cases at a mall. What are you going to say at check in when they ask if you packed the bags, if they have been out of your sight or if anyone could have tampered with them?
I’d be interested in how people answer that question anyway. When I stayed with my parents either one of them could have put something in my suitcase. I pack so far in advance my suitcase has been out of my sight loads of times! I wonder what the airline staff would say to someone who responded yes? We leave our bags with Bell Services every year and it’s never occurred to me to be concerned that someone would put something in my bag. They’re all padlocked anyway, even the hand luggage.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

Have not been asked security questions for several years but I do remember they were asked at one time.
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Thanks for this info, we may need somewhere to store bags between villas and this will work perfectly for us as we would never leave bags in the car.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’d be interested in how people answer that question anyway. When I stayed with my parents either one of them could have put something in my suitcase. I pack so far in advance my suitcase has been out of my sight loads of times! I wonder what the airline staff would say to someone who responded yes? We leave our bags with Bell Services every year and it’s never occurred to me to be concerned that someone would put something in my bag. They’re all padlocked anyway, even the hand luggage.
Yes would get you a free full bag search
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Together with the stopping of day before check in these security questions are now returning in line with recent upgrades in US flight security.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

I don't think I would feel very comfortable with leaving my cases and all of my belongings in a Mall.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyPrincess View Post
I don't think I would feel very comfortable with leaving my cases and all of my belongings in a Mall.
Most insurance doesn't cover left luggage but does cover it locked out of sight in a vehicle which is always what I do.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Most insurance doesn't cover left luggage but does cover it locked out of sight in a vehicle which is always what I do.
A bold statement. Where's the evidence please of the insurance companies that don't cover left luggage facilities and the companies that say they will cover luggage locked in a car?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List