Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by simbamad View Post
Leave them behind and I will go with you

Yay let’s go!
I have time off in October 😂
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Actually- we should do a solo Dibb group trip
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Try to find out why they dont want to go and take it from there
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Many families do the same thing every year and it works brilliant for them. Every group is different. I do not know what you have done in the past.

We have now visited the USA 10 times since 2005 and have already booked up most of our 2020 adventure. Our family would never tolerate doing the same things year in, year out and the key to our returns has been variety.. with an increasingly minor part in Orlando and on the last 5, no Disney at all. Theme parks are also taking an increasingly minor part in general as we find other, more interesting things to do. If I suggested even a solely Orlando, I would be outvoted 3-1. If I suggested 2 weeks Disney ‘in the bubble’, I would be thrown out of the house. Truth is that I would never offer either as I would not go myself! 😂

Perhaps, (and I am guessing at the content of your previous vacations), you should look at a split stay, either in Florida or the wider USA, A California road trip or something else, still allowing for a period in Disney.

Whilst doing Orlando on 9 of those 10 of ours, we have also visited NY x 2, Washington DC, Boston, Dayton, San Francisco, Monterey, LA, marvellous San Diego and many other places in between. We have also driven pretty much all the Coast from Mobile Alabama, to Key West and all the way up to Daytona Beach. In this way, there is something for everyone and Orlando still figures (albeit mainly for Discovery Cove).

It is worth remembering that these ‘Complex’ vacations are actually extremely easy to plan out and that internal US flights (including in to Orlando) are very cheap. A couple of weeks back, ours from Cincinatti, direct into Orlando was just £90pp. At the time I booked, I found similar prices for Dayton, Indianapolis, NY, Washington DC and Boston, before settling on Cincinatti. One month out from the actual flight, it was down to £46! Flying as we did in July/August we did LHR- Boston, Train Boston-NY, NY-Dayton OH, Cincinatti- MCO and MIA-LHR for a total of around £720pp with all being direct (Coach). That is probably far cheaper than most people got simple directs from London to Orlando, meaning that you can either save money or lengthen your vacation for a similar price.

If you want your Orlando fix, then offer up something that appeals to everyone else as part of a larger ‘whole’.
Let us face it, I would never have got to see the USAF Museum at Dayton OH, had I not 'offered up' elsewhere!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:41 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We go about every three years. When the subject comes up hubby is never keen but enjoys it when we are there. He gets outvoted 8 - 1 😀
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Many families do the same thing every year and it works brilliant for them. Every group is different. I do not know what you have done in the past.

We have now visited the USA 10 times since 2005 and have already booked up most of our 2020 adventure. Our family would never tolerate doing the same things year in, year out and the key to our returns has been variety.. with an increasingly minor part in Orlando and on the last 5, no Disney at all. Theme parks are also taking an increasingly minor part in general as we find other, more interesting things to do.

Perhaps, (and I am guessing at the content of your previous vacations), you should look at a split stay, either in Florida or the wider USA, A California road trip or something else, still allowing for a period in Disney.

Whilst doing Orlando on 9 of those 10 of ours, we have also visited NY x 2, Washington DC, Boston, Dayton, San Francisco, Monterey, LA, marvellous San Diego and many other places in between. We have also driven pretty much all the Coast from Mobile Alabama, to Key West and all the way up to Daytona Beach. In this way, there is something for everyone and Orlando still figures (albeit mainly for Discovery Cove).

It is worth remembering that these ‘Complex’ vacations are actually extremely easy to plan out and that internal US flights (including in to Orlando) are very cheap. A couple of weeks back, ours from Cincinatti, direct into Orlando was just £90pp. At the time I booked, I found similar prices for Dayton, Indianapolis, NY, Washington DC and Boston, before settling on Cincinatti. One month out from the actual flight, it was down to £46! Flying as we did in July/August we did LHR- Boston, Train Boston-NY, NY-Dayton OH, Cincinatti- MCO and MIA-LHR for a total of around £720pp with all being direct (Coach). That is probably far cheaper than most people got simple directs from London to Orlando, meaning that you can either save money or lengthen your vacation for a similar price.

If you want your Orlando fix, then offer up something that appeals to everyone else as part of a larger ‘whole’.
This!

I have been coming to America since 1976 and the both of us since 1982.

I would go back to road trips in a heartbeat but my Wife won't. She wants to only do Florida.
Thus I compromise and do as I'm told.

Being serious the post above is an excellent idea. A huge Country out here to explore.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was going to say broadly the same as cornishfrogboy.

We do go, but in combination with a whole host of other things and places.

But that said, there are so many fantastic other places to go in the world too.
Some of them even have Disney parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m in for the Dibb trip ! My family don’t want to go to Orlando again either. Maybe in a few years time if they have their own families or if I happen to find that amazing bargain husband cannot refuse!
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We are here now after a break of four years - each Orlando holiday has been different but even so after our last visit in 2015 my lot said no more please ! Then when looking at Greece for this year my youngest said can’t we go back to Florida - so we did . Sometimes a break is needed and we have had such lovely holidays in other places that I don’t feel we have missed out. We have been here two days and I do feel it may be our last time though but who knows 😂 I won’t be sad as looking forward to trying new places .
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh poor you it is sad isn’t it! My son is now 20 and after 10 trips won’t come any more. For the moment at least. We’ve had a year off this year and just been to Madrid and Valencia. A very different holiday and bloody expensive for 8 days actually once I’ve added all the food up which cost at least €100 a day 🙄 However DS wouldn’t come there either and me, DH and DD have enjoyed a change. I won’t lie though. I prefer Florida. We have a 2020 trip booked. I was all for trying a villa but DD and DH have voted for on site at POFQ and just Disney and shopping and water parks. I’m angling for a couple of days at Universal for the Potter lands but they’re not bothered. Maybe try something else for a year or so and revisit the idea again then. Good luck!