Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Aug 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Talking Our Triple Celebration Trip, Fri June 7th 2019, Day 1, MK The one where we do Country Bear Jamboree!

Friday 7th June, Magic Kingdom, the one where we do Country Bear Jamboree, for the first and last time!

We get up about 6-6.30 and by the time we are all ready (need a bomb under Reece these days!) and set off out to the bus stop which is already busy and 2 buses for MK arrive & by the time we're on the bus it’s about 8.30! Meaning we have missed RD yet again, doubt I’ll ever see it! We have about 10 mins of EMH left so we head straight for 7DMT (after we have rushed up to go through the castle to be told we have to go back and through the EMH entrance, never had this before!) and no surprise it’s already at 75 mins, erm nope not waiting that long! We will try and get a FP for later in the holiday, so we head to Space Mountain and it’s only about 30 mins, so we queue for that & wait less than 30 mins, when we come off Reece notices he has lost his MB & thinks he lost it in SM & looking at the MM pic it’s obvious he did as he has it on in the photo.

We’re a bit disappointed as it had Reece’s 21st on the back (he never got it back!) We go straight to the CM on the till in the shop, who tells us to report it to lost property and then tells us to go and pick which one he wants, he chooses a navy one this time & she just scans it then hands it over to us, great service
After all this it’s time to head over to CP for our breakfast. Oh we love starting the holiday off here, love getting pics and cuddles with all the characters (Reece does it begrudgingly at first, but soon finds his smile lol!)

Our server was good too & I finally tried french toast which I say is rather tasty but rather filling! We also have waffles, cooked breakfast and pastrys!
After we are all suitably stuffed and relaxed for a while & Ste activates Reece’s new MB, we head out and round to Jungle Cruise for our first F/P, oh you forget how corny this ride is, still fun though and the CM took great joy poking fun at a couple sat near us who kept talking, they were totally oblivious/ignorant to it!
As we went on JC late it’s time to head straight to our next FP which is Splash & for once we all got wet from the car coming down the other side not just me lol & of course got wet going down too! Love doing the poses on this one, I'm trying to do bunny ears behind Reece and not succeeding haha!

We have some time before our BTM F/P so we head round to Pirates to check the wait time seeing as we’re already wet, it only has a short wait so we queue for this and whilst we do there's a bit of a kerfuffle with a family, they arrive behind us but the little boy (aged about 3ish) had ran on in front and got quite a way in the queue & at first they couldn't see him and then he didn't want to move! Anyway kudos to them they went and got him and went back behind us! We enjoy this as we always do and we didn’t realise you got MM pic for this until they popped up on our Disney app & looking at our faces you can tell we didn't know

We then head to one of our favourites Big Thunder Mountain we all love this ride, didn’t notice it was any different since they refurbished it though! When we come off this and walk round I spot Country Bear Jamboree so suggest to the lads we go and see this (for a cool & sit down) as we have never seen it before, erm yea don’t know what to say about it really, it’s different and we won't do that one again!
Well now it’s time to head to B.O.G for dinner (or lunch for those of you who don’t live oop North) We check in and they tell me they have stopped doing the braised pork I’m not happy as it was still on when I did our pre order & I was really looking forward to having this again! Anyway I pick the french dip sandwich, we sit in the Rose Gallery again, this is our favourite room as it's always the quietest.

My sandwich was quite nice (though I left a lot of the bread!) and they had mustard to go with it (I had to ask if they had any though, it’s in a cupboard!) I also had a glass of wine so those wondering yes you can have wine here on the QSDP Ste & Reece had the carved turkey sandwich. I also got a new goblet (though it's a shame they didn't serve the wine in this, haha!) as well because my old one doesn't work anymore because water has got into the battery part after washing it, even though I tried my hardest to keep that part dry, well this time as the CM gives it me she shows me how to unscrew the top off to wash, erm did my old one do that, yes it did! Though to be fair they didn't show/tell me when I got that one, anyway it's in our display cabinet now & I've always got a spare weekend wine glass
I then go and get some more pics around the castle.

After we have come out and looked for the MM outside Beast castle and don't find one (there seems to be less MM photographers dotted around the parks this time!) I go and get some shots of Cinderellas castle from the back, a different perspective and I like how it looks from this angle

By now we’re starting to flag so decide to head home stopping on the way out to get our Starbucks smoothies, but guess what they’ve stopped doing these too, not having much luck with having my/our favourites today So I try the berry hibiscus instead which was refreshing.
We wait a while for a bus (this becomes a regular occurrence!)when we get back to our room Ste goes in first and asks me what I've done to upset housekeeping! Worried I follow him in and this is waiting for us on the bed

After some R&R we head down for a snack, I had the childs mac & cheese and the CM still let me get a wine, sorry I can’t remember what the fellas had lol.
Back up at the room it’s showers & a bath for me (which is a farce because I have to keep standing up for the shower gel etc but I soon rectified that) and bed.

Thanks for reading & I appreciate and love reading any comments

Tomorrow Animal Kingdom. The one where we missed Tom Hanks & Tim Allen!.

Edited at 08:07 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Thanks for all the likes Though a comment or 2 would be nice to read
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List