Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jan 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kevcazorla
Being a bit Goofy

Universal Dining Plan

Quick question regarding the Universal Dining Plan.

We have a weeks onsite stay at RPR at the beginning of our holiday in August and figured that all of our meals will be paid OOP.

Just realized that Universal also have their version of the dining plan and was wondering if anyone had used it and is it worth it?

Note from the Universal website that we could pick the dining plan as opposed to the quick service dining plan as we would be on-site guests but there isn't a price for this. Again, has anyone any idea how much this would cost?

Cheers,
kevcazorla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevcazorla View Post
Quick question regarding the Universal Dining Plan.

We have a weeks onsite stay at RPR at the beginning of our holiday in August and figured that all of our meals will be paid OOP.

Just realized that Universal also have their version of the dining plan and was wondering if anyone had used it and is it worth it?

Note from the Universal website that we could pick the dining plan as opposed to the quick service dining plan as we would be on-site guests but there isn't a price for this. Again, has anyone any idea how much this would cost?

Cheers,
You can win on it but you would probably at best break even and at worse lose money.

You can upgrade to it on the day so you can look at what you have ordered and work it out on the day if its worth it.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

One way I have "won" in the past is to just buy a kids plan with a freestyle cup. This worked out as a win and as the cup comes discounted by doing it like that and you can find kid options which win on the plan.

We shared the drink in the cup. T&Cs says you can't be no one checks / cares and you fill up every 10 mins at a automated machine.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

I think it really depends where and what you want to eat whether or not it is worthwhile. We are a family of four but we only bought 2 of the quick service plans last year. Myself and youngest son would only eat some of the cheaper options so not worthwhile for us but DH and oldest son fancied some of the more expensive items. We bought the option which included the freestyle cup and paid with our Amex which gave 10% discount so $27 plus tax. DH had the basket of bait combo(includes a milkshake that was more like soft serve ice cream in a cup) at Simpson’s which was $21.49 and my son had some kind of burger also as a combo that was around $19/20. The boys used the snack credits later, one got a butter beer at $8 and the other got a cinnabon at around $5. The freestyle cups would have been $16 each if we hadn’t bought them with the dining plan. We definitely saved money buying it for DH and oldest but would have lost money if we’d also bought it for myself and youngest as there’s no way we would have got value from it.

Have a look at the menus to get an idea of where/what you might eat and the cost to see whether it would be worthwhile for you and your family.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
The full Universal Dining plan has to be pre bought with a vacation package directly with Universal. We've never done that but we've done the quick service dining plan several times. It really doesn't save you any money at all but I like to prepay for things in regards to a budget so it is useful in that sense. One good thing as well is that the cards you get to use for the dining plan are non expiring so if you are repeat visitors like us if you have credits over you can use them next time. I will definitely get it for next year and snack options have improved over the years as well.

I have pictures in my various food reports from over the years found in my signature below.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

So can you purchase the quick service plan if you’re staying offsite?
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
So can you purchase the quick service plan if you’re staying offsite?
Yes. You can buy in advance online or while there.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant cheers
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
The full Universal Dining plan has to be pre bought with a vacation package directly with Universal. We've never done that but we've done the quick service dining plan several times. It really doesn't save you any money at all but I like to prepay for things in regards to a budget so it is useful in that sense. One good thing as well is that the cards you get to use for the dining plan are non expiring so if you are repeat visitors like us if you have credits over you can use them next time. I will definitely get it for next year and snack options have improved over the years as well.

I have pictures in my various food reports from over the years found in my signature below.
Sorry to be dim but how do I find your reports? If I click on your countdown it takes me to mine. If I click on your user name it just gives me the option to pm you.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Sorry to be dim but how do I find your reports? If I click on your countdown it takes me to mine. If I click on your user name it just gives me the option to pm you.
Underneath her post, there are two links in capital letters, one starts with "THE CHRONICLES OF FATTY...".

That is a link to a trip report. Similarly the links in green and pink below my posts are links to my dining reports.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List