Notices

Old 2 Sep 12, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

My DS and DDin law have just returned from a 2 wk tour of Japan which included Disney (only the MK park). They are both anime\manga fans and went with a company called japanjourneys they had a brill time. They enjoyed disney but said it was mega busy 2hr queues for the top rides, and most were only in japanese but they still found jungle cruise funny lol.
The merchandise was expensive £40 for a med plush.
Lots of Alice stuff.
They said it was very hot 33c and humid with no covered walk ways and not many water fountains.

They enjoyed the experience and can now say they have been to WDW and Disney tokyo which I would love to do as we have done WDW DW and HKdisney, so only 2 more to visit lol.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 12, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

We have visited Japan a couple of times, and visited Tokyo DisneySea last time we went (2009). Very jealous! Our next trip back won't be for a few years
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 12, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooh can't wait to read more!
Old 13 Dec 12, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Ooooh I have been waiting for this as I have read on here a few times that you were planning to book for Tokyo.

I've sent you a PM on here, hope that's OK, it's a link for a TR on another website which made me fall in love with Tokyo Disney. I really cant wait to visit there.

Did you see the news about Shanghai Disney as well? Due to open in 2015, we have promised ourselves that we will be there for opening! :-)
Would you mind sending me the link please?
Old 13 Dec 12, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post

What's it meant to be like in August Geoffa ie weather & crowd wise? Just still struggling to decide what month to go!
Old 13 Dec 12, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

This last August was 29 to 34C (84 to 93 F) each day. Crowds can be heavy because they celebrate the Bon Festival in the middle of the month. We are staying on site so will get rides done early.
Old 13 Dec 12, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
It means we are going to Tokyo Disney Resort!

Having promised we would go this year and then promptly booked for California we have now set dates (29/8 to 5/9)to visit Tokyo Disney Resort in 2013. Two other Dibbers, James & Emma, are making plans to go in January '13 and we have been PM-ing each other on tips and tricks.
I currently have two books on the go - Tokyo Disney Made Easy and Tokyo Disney Resort - both of which I'm reading avidly.
One recommendation is not use a rental car as all road signs are in Japanese.
We plan to visit Tokyo itself one day of the holiday and the advice here is hire an English speaking guide. You can get hopelessly lost and if you don't speak the language...
Another day will be a trip to see Mount Fuji and its surrounding area. This will involve a trip on the famous Bullet Train.
So - loads to plan.
In the meantime... Sayonara!
I am very excited to read all about this and James and Gemma's trip as we are going to Tokyo incidentally for about 10 days in Easter. We will probably stay where our hosts recommend for the most part, and the hosts (to do with DH's work) will want to show us places around Tokyo, but being Disney mad as we are, plus we are taking our kids, we are planning on having a day in each Disney park as we wouldn't ordinariily find ourselves in Tokyo, and this may be our one shot!

So, do you think a day in each is enough? What is the absolute best book on DLT?

Following avidly - do please DM if there are other things we should know - I see you alluded to James and Gemma and you DMing.
Thank you!
K
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984

Edited at 11:50 AM.
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 12, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I can't wait to hear about your trip at Easter! I've just brought
Travelers Series Guide to the Tokyo Disney Resort
Old 13 Dec 12, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink1987
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Would you mind sending me the link please?
I've PM'ed you
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain
Tink1987 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 13, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Will be reading this report too. The Tokyo hotels look so grand and how lucky that you actually get stay inside the park! I'd love to know what they're Disney hats are like, whether they have the same designs. I've heard they have a lot of orange bird merchandise too, wish they'd have the same over in the states.

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List