Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Sep 18, 03:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Loving the trippie, very informative. Great ideas of places to visit and eat etc! Was a bit worried about spends but you have shown we may be able afford to eat and snack very well! Cant wait for next day!
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant day, you got to see loads!

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
Aww, we have so many similar photos, it makes me happy and sad at the same time! We can’t wait to go back. I regret not buying NY stuff, the magnets, cups, T-shirt’s, yours look fab.
Everytime something NY comes on the tv, I shout “I’ve been there!” 😀
We had a similar first day, we did the Staten Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park and walk back over Brooklyn Bridge. We ate at Juliana’s, and it was delicious.
Haha you’re exactly the same as me, I get very excited when I see somewhere I’ve been or even just walked past 😬. Currently watching ‘For the People’ that’s set in NY, it’s got loads of places I recognise on it.
I’m gutted we didn’t try Juliana’s, that’s on the list for next time!
Thank you for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Loving the trippie, very informative. Great ideas of places to visit and eat etc! Was a bit worried about spends but you have shown we may be able afford to eat and snack very well! Cant wait for next day!
I’m sure you’ll be just fine. Some places were expensive to eat but we balanced that out by doing some cheaper meals too. In fact when I came home I added up all our meals from the 3 places we stayed then worked out the average cost per day (I’m a bit of a geek like that &#128556 and NY came in at $174 a day, Orlando $170 and AMI $165 so NY wasn’t much more than Florida overall for us. My 2 ‘kids’ eat off the adult menu most of the time too!
Thank you for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Brilliant day, you got to see loads!
We really did, today was one of my favourite days we were there. So many iconic NY places!
Thank you for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you! I'm sure you will absolutely love NY as did I.
Ooh you must try Ryan Maguire's, when I go back it will be a must do restaurant to return to.
Don't worry we didn't carry our passports around with us, its just airport style security scanners that they have in most major tourist attractions. They are very well organised though
That’s good to know about the passports. So you do not need any photographic ID at all for the attractions? We only have old fashioned paper driving licences !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
That’s good to know about the passports. So you do not need any photographic ID at all for the attractions? We only have old fashioned paper driving licences !
No none whatsoever. The only time I could think that you would need ID is for exchanging vouchers to tickets maybe but other than that you’ll be fine without

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 4 Oct 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Great report, loved it! Putting me in the mood for our January trip there!
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Great report, loved it! Putting me in the mood for our January trip there!
Thank you for reading. It seems we are doing a swap, I’m off to Vegas in Feb and you’re doing New York. Glad it’s getting you excited for your trip, have a great time 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 7 Oct 18, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day. Dodgy start with your Uber guy but good you still got a quiet boat. Fab pics from the morning. We also struggled to find the steps to get on the bridge ... just no signs ! some lovely pics of you all.
Dinner looked yum . Onion rings but no ice cream... I agree Sam has weird teen eating habits.
Didn’t get to see inside Westfield or the 9/11 museum on our trip. Must put them on the return list ...
Fab first day.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List