Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Aug 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Championsgate new villa resorts

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the newer villa resorts in and around Championsgate?

We are a large group of 16 and when searching for villas LOADS of large villas come up in these areas. Inside they look amazing, brand new and very spacious, but the outside deck and pool itself look so small! For 16 people, I feel it's not going to be a great option for those days off from the park?

Or is it because they have access to the resort pool and facilities, that's the better option?

I also get the impression you're very much on top of your neighbours and alot of the advertised villas show the same houses and have the same management company names on them...so not so much privately owned and rented these days?

I know I sound very negative, so after anyones opinions who may have been and stayed here please.

Just as an FYI we had 2 villas in Formosa Gardens booked this year and last but due to Covid both trips have been cancelled so now looking for next year. Those villas had much more outside space but not alot of availability for next summer.

Any advice would be welcomed

Thanks
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

You won't find many other villa communities like Formosa Gardens Estate. The houses there were built about 30 years ago and are on MUCH bigger plots and vary more in design than the new ones being built now. As you mentioned, the new ones have resort style community pools but much less individual outside space. You are correct that the newest tend to be built very close together. It really depends what is important to you.

The vast majority of villas are still individually owned though. In places like Margaritaville, the owners have to buy approved furniture packages to rent through the main company which gives them a more uniform look.
Old 3 Aug 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We stayed at Solterra resort a couple of years ago, and you’re right, the outdoor area was quite small for the size of the villa and overlooked from each side and behind. There were only six of us in the villa so the space was fine for us but if we’d been at full capacity (11 people) it would’ve been tight. However, again, as you say, we used the resort facilities which were great, it was like having hotel facilities but with villa accommodation.

That said, we would stay there again, it’s a good spot, close to the restaurants and shops at Championsgate and even though the villas are close to one another, they didn’t often have people in them during the day
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks guys

I've just spent an hour researching both Solana and Solterra resorts and they have alot of horrific and negative reviews from this year.

Lots of house party's, break ins, vandalism, car parking issues, no security and even gun shots. Then the houses have been so cheaply made there seems to be alot of maintenance problems now too.

I had a feeling there would be a reason why the houses were very reasonable for their size and so many available. Such a shame they don't seen to have the same set up as older communities.

We'll be looking elsewhere it seems x
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Thanks guys

I've just spent an hour researching both Solana and Solterra resorts and they have alot of horrific and negative reviews from this year.

Lots of house party's, break ins, vandalism, car parking issues, no security and even gun shots. Then the houses have been so cheaply made there seems to be alot of maintenance problems now too.

I had a feeling there would be a reason why the houses were very reasonable for their size and so many available. Such a shame they don't seen to have the same set up as older communities.

We'll be looking elsewhere it seems x
Oh wow, sounds awful! We did notice lots of cars. Where we’ve stayed before it was all very neat looking, cars parked on drives but at Solterra there were loads of cars parked up on the side of the road - I guess multiple families sharing a villa. There was a pool party one evening, I called the Sheriff in the end as that’s what the villa guide said to do
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Theigoes
Excited about Disney

Theigoes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hi

We have started looking for next year too and we’re looking at similar resorts to you.

I am now looking at Storey Lakes not sure if this would have the outside space you need ? We only need a 3 bed as only 3 9f is going but the larger villas do look amazing and it’s a great location for the parks
2003 Hotel 2005 calabay Park Villa 2006 All Stars Sports 2007 Windsor Hills 2008 Champions Gate Villa ,2011 orange tree villa,2014rolling hills villa HRH and the dolphin, 2017 highlands villa.2019 POR and HRH
Theigoes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Theigoes View Post
Hi

We have started looking for next year too and we’re looking at similar resorts to you.

I am now looking at Storey Lakes not sure if this would have the outside space you need ? We only need a 3 bed as only 3 9f is going but the larger villas do look amazing and it’s a great location for the parks
Storey Lake has alot going for it but definitely not outside space. It is quite new and definitely follows the "build them as close as you can model". I would suggest anyone looking for outdoor space and/or privacy makes sure to have a look at satellite view on Google Maps. Formosa Gardens Esatate really shows the difference.
Old 9 Aug 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have stayed in lots of villas in the 192 area ( Sunset Lakes, Windsor Hills, Indian Ridge etc) and I would suggest even these older villas would struggle to hold more than 8 people in the pool area.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I have stayed in lots of villas in the 192 area ( Sunset Lakes, Windsor Hills, Indian Ridge etc) and I would suggest even these older villas would struggle to hold more than 8 people in the pool area.
Agreed but the difference is that Sunset Lakes and Indian Ridge at least are mostly 4 bed houses that were designed with the living space to match that. A lot of the newer communities (especially the resort style ones) are built as 6+ bedrooms without the equivalent increase in living space.
Old 11 Aug 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Have you looked at Reunion? They have some larger villas, or would you consider 2 villas on the same resort.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List