VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 14 - Seaworld & Epcot in the evening

index here

Thursday 22nd August 2019

Seaworld today! We were meant to go early in the holiday, when Brandon was supposed to arrive but with the delay, plans changed.

I had cake from McDonalds (peanut butter and chocolate) for breakfast, yes really!

Jess decided she wasn't coming, she had a headache still.
So 4 of us again headed out to Seaworld.

We arrived at 10.30am and headed to Manta to look at the wait time, it said 20mins so we got in the line.

Brandon and Chris went on it first and I got a Child swap ticket so I could go in the fast lane when they got off. Brandon really didn't like it, he didn't like facing the floor, so he didn't want to go on it again. Chris and I both love this ride, so we went on in together, that was nice too, we don't often get the chance to do that.

We wandered over to the Dolphin Nursery next for Poppy, which she loved.

Poppy wanted a pressed penny so we had a go at that too

The troops wanted food now, I wasn't that fussed so what did I order, Cake! Carrot cake this time, was lovely, but a delicate stomach, coasters, cake and 90 degree heat is not the best combination in the world!

We ate the Spice Mill, everything was very nice, food was reasonably priced and tasty.

After lunch we wandered round for a bit just taking in the surroundings, this is a very pretty and calm park to just have a stroll round, particularly when it's not mega busy as it wasn't today.

We went in some souvenir shops and I bought this super pretty soap, which I haven't used yet because, well...it's so pretty I don't want to spoil it!

The notebook that the soap is on in the photos is what Poppy bought and she wrote down all the parks we have been too on our holiday in it, she loves to write! Here she is with it.

As we were wandering around, we went past Mako

we have never been on this before, had no clue what it was like as a coaster, had never seen it. It was a walk on so we thought why not?

Brandon said no straight away so Chris and I literally walked straight on. OH MY GOD. We are seasoned coaster fans, nothing really phases us massively, but this! I learnt new swear words from Chris... that first drop...I thought I was going to die...there's barely anything holding you in! (not really, it's safe obviously, I didn't actually think that, please don't worry, but I was so surprised by the whole thing, it was amazing)

It was terrifying, scary, funny, and fantastic all in one ride. Seaworld certainly know how to do coasters, especially when you are looking for something a bit different to what you have been on before.

It's SUCH a good job Brandon didn't go on it, I doubt he would have liked it at all!

We had a look at marine life, this was much calmer!

(as usual one of my amazing photographs that you can barely make out whats in there)

Ride time again, first for Poppy, the sea carousel and then Infinity Falls, another new ride for us and we managed to get on it all together yaaayyyy!

Teenagers and WIFI

The heat was really bothering me today, I really really struggled in the line here, it was only 25mins which is great for such a 'new' ride, but it felt like a lifetime to me.

Loved the ride though and got thoroughly drenched on it, which I really needed at this point today!

Seasame street next for Poppy

I'd really had enough of the heat now, so Chris took Pops on some rides in the Seasame street area and Brandon came with me to sit in an airconditioned shop and drink water (there was a counter area with stools as you walked in where we could sit)

Met back up with Chris and Poppy and I said I really wanted to go home, so thats what we did, I ran through the water play area in seasme street with Poppy because I was happy to get completely wet in this heat the way I was feeling, she loved it.

We got home, I had a lie down for an hour then I Ironed some clothes in the bedroom whilst I watched Jane the Virgin on Netflix. I LOVE that programme. I am very late to the table watching it, I'm on season 4 now though and love that all episodes are avail to watch so I don't have to wait a week for each one.

After Ironing I decided I wanted to go to Epcot. I had FP's for Test Track cos I knew it was Brandon's last night and thought he might like to do test track. He didn't. Neither did Jess. She still had a headache. (at this point I really don't think she did but she's a teenager and if she wants to stay at home instead of having fun at the park then so be it.)

So Chris, Poppy and I set off for Epcot and arrived at 7pm. The other, main reason for me coming here now, is that we have never seen Epcot Illuminations, (Yes really) and I was desperate too before it finishes in September. So thats why I really wasn't bothered about there only being 2 hours of Park time, it was the fireworks I came for!

We weren't sure about Poppy and TT (now we wish we had taken her on, but we didn't) instead Chris went on first. However, we have not been on it since it has been refurbed and had no clue just how long the expereince takes, even with his FP, he was in there for easily 30mins.

Poppy and I waited outside for him, then I went in the bit where the cars are so at least she wouldn't be quite so bored.

didn't take any photo's of the cars though I was desperate not to miss Chris when he came out because he wasn't expecting us to be there! because of the length of time that took, I didn't go on it, and I was fine with that, instead we headed for the world showcase and Norway. As expected the Frozen line was still nearly an hour, even at 8pm. The Anna and Elsa meet and greet was showing 45mins, but when I looked on the touring app it said likely wait was actually 15-18mins! and they were right! I am SO glad we did this instead of thinking it would be 45mins and leaving it. Elsa was fantastic, Poppy was transfixed!

We wandered around the world showcase as it went dark
watching the trains lit up in Germany (apologies from the photographer again)

I do quite like this photo I took though, even if it does have a filter on it!

We had hotdogs (of course, Poppy was with us) and drinks in America and then sat/stood on a wall in the Japan Pavillion.
I nearly cried, I LOVE that I finally got to see these, and again with my eyes and not through a camera lense, yay!

Wonderful day, finished off with a great firework show, I went to sleep happy tonight, despite it being home time for Brandon tomorrow, I still slept really well!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day glad Jess was feeling a little better and only had a headache

Joan