Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh dear! This is terrible news and given how BA handled the last lot I’m sure there will be no proper organisation.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm starting more and more to regret having booked with BA... (Flying out in October and back in November so if they strike in November...)
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I'm starting more and more to regret having booked with BA... (Flying out in October and back in November so if they strike in November...)
I'm also regretting it now, it saved us such alot of money at the time of booking but now I feel like it was a mistake. Just have to keep fingers crossed that things will be sorted out in the meantime, if of course it is true
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As I said in another thread - don't panic.

Go over to Flyertalk and read their advice.

Put together a list of alternative flight options and keep them in a safe place, so if your flights are cancelled, you will be prepared.

I had a flight cancelled due to the strike yesterday morning. All sorted in about 10 minutes with very little stress. Not only did I end up on a better plane, but I will receive twice as many miles ...
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

I could do with advice as I’m really not sure of the position. We fly into New York but out of Miami.
If the flight is cancelled how do I know my options eg if I book on another airline do BA cover the cost of the new ticket or just refund their price? Can I cancel both legs even if my flight home will be a non strike day as a multi city flight return is a lot less than 2 separate flights
I have looked on the BA website for their shrike advice but it doesn’t make things very clear.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
I could do with advice as I’m really not sure of the position. We fly into New York but out of Miami.
If the flight is cancelled how do I know my options eg if I book on another airline do BA cover the cost of the new ticket or just refund their price? Can I cancel both legs even if my flight home will be a non strike day as a multi city flight return is a lot less than 2 separate flights
I have looked on the BA website for their shrike advice but it doesn’t make things very clear.

Go into something like Skyscanner and look at the other flight options to and from your destination. BA will try to push you to another BA flight if your flight is cancelled, but there are other options like American Airlines, etc. Don't re-book anything on your own if you can help it, better for BA to re-book you at their expense.

Please go over to Flyertalk and read the strike advice thread in the BA section -- lots of great advice !

And don't panic ...
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Thanks, I have seen alternative flights on Skyscanner and on your advice had a look at Flyertalk.
Feel a little more settled now as I have learned to go through BA for alternative flights should our date be hit by a strike. Having seen alternative airlines I feel better placed to ensure we get sorted if the worst happens.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

I see BA are being called out for refusing to book people onto Virgin or Norwegian as they are legally obliged to do.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

The alternative flights I have an eye on are either with Virgin or Delta - neither appear on BAs list for rebooking. KLM are on the list so they are a possibility.
Seems ridiculous that BA have the right to deny rebooking to some airlines because they are in competition - what about their customers.
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

KLM are partnered with Delta so you could go that way perhaps.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List