Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Sep 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
juniperbush123
Gone all Goofy

Which Theme Parks?

Hi,
We are all booked up to go in March 2020, Virgin bubble, staying on Formosa Gardens with a full size SUV (arranged via DFCH). Next item is park tickets and I would appreciate your thoughts.
We haven't been to Disney in 10 years but the kids (and me) are more into roller coasters these days and this is not Disney's strong point (is it?). Plus Disney costs an absolute fortune. Thinking about Universal's 3 park explorer but at £285 x 4 = £1,140, that seems expensive and, although better than Disney, not really about the coasters (I like HP as much as the next bloke and The Hulk is one of our favs however). Therefore, I'm thinking about a Discovery Cove (never been in 7 previous visits!) package which includes SeaWorld, Busch Gardens & Aquatica. Might just pay for the teenagers to swim with dolphins while we watch but not 100% sure. I think we will be going just before the new rides open at BG & SW but, hey, that's life. Cost for this would be £790, so £350 less (and that would pay for a lot of steaks!) than Universal and includes 4 parks not 3.
Any thoughts, ideas, comments, corrections, etc. would be appreciated.
juniperbush123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
SeaWorld and Busch are where you'll find the best coasters. Busch Gardens is a lot more of a drive though. We loved discovery cove and would recommend it highly. look our around black Friday for discounts. However in saying this we haven't done any of these parks in our last two trips. No enough time and younger kids.
Our kids are younger so we usually do Disney and Universal. If I had to choose universal or sea world though I'd choose universal. Volcano bay is fab if you like water parks and Universal has a much wider selection of rides. The new Hagrids coaster is amazing. Can you stretch to seaworld 3 park and universal?- that would be an amazing holiday.
Disney isn't about thrills - they do have some good roller coasters ( Everest is my favourite) but that isn't why you go.
My problem is I want to do it all every trip.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List