Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Aug 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Garlicbread View Post
Thanks all for your responses so far. Looks like ill have to make some tough choices bearing in mind that we have Universal to factor in for 3 nights during our 14 night stay.

Any further advice from others would be most welcomed!...
If you have the Universal fastpass tickets with park hopper, you can do all the major attractions in 1 day for both parks (not counting Volcano Bay) so I'd say 2 days at Universal is fine. 3 days there would be getting repetitive IMO due to the repetitive nature of most attractions... Screens... Screens... and yet more screens! 😜

Edited at 02:47 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Also I think you should allow some time for non Park Disney things. We LOVE exploring the resort hotels and visiting Disney springs. Epcot has festivals during different times of the year too. It's not just about the parks!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Also I think you should allow some time for non Park Disney things. We LOVE exploring the resort hotels and visiting Disney springs. Epcot has festivals during different times of the year too. It's not just about the parks!
100% agree!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

I will try to provide a different POV; if you are ride focused, then I can get doing Most of the parks in a day each. If you’re not a fan of IASW in Paris, you won’t want to do it in Florida, and you can save a lot of t8me by missing characters. Easter will be harder given how busy it is, and you may have to compromise a little, but it’s doable. Plan out which rides you will want to do the most and focus on getting those done; but just be careful you don’t miss out on a few treats - eg pirates is different and I’ve always thought Florida the best. Also, think about meals - table service can really take its time, and some quick serves can take an age to get through queues, but if you focus on what serves you wuickly you will save a lot of time, and max out your on the day fast passes as much as you can!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

My caveat is that I haven’t been yet, but I’m answering this because I have done a massive amount of research on this. We will be there for 4 weeks, including 2 weeks with one niece and 3 days with another.

It’s common for Brits to go for 2 weeks, but most Americans go for 4 or 5 days at most. The standard advice is to do 2 days in MK and 1 each in the other parks. We tend to take longer because we have that luxury, but even with 2 weeks it’s not possible to do absolutely everything in WDW. We are spending 4 weeks in a Disney hotel and we still won’t get to do everything (partly that’s due to us having multiple parties and therefore some repetition, but even so, I have tried and failed to find time for everything on WDW that I want to do).

Having said all that, it is absolutely possible to see/do most of the big stuff in each park in the US model of 2-1-1-1. My plan for my 2nd niece lets her do the big stuff in every park, plus 3 character meals and a visit to Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. I highly doubt that we will end up doing all of it, because it does involve faster walking and fewer breaks than I would prefer, being disabled. But it is definitely possible.

I would suggest that you look at some of the “Dumbo or die” touring plans. They cover the highlights of each park in one day. You can then make your own touring plan based on your own needs and interests.

Again, I preface this by saying that I haven’t been yet, but I think that there is no right answer - your activities will expand to fill the time you have, so if you only have 9 days, that will be doable. There’s no single answer: I need 4 weeks to do it the way I want to, but if you asked my first niece, she needs 2 weeks, whereas my 2nd niece only needs 3 days, and most Americans seem happy with 5-7 days at the absolute max.

I hope some of this makes sense!
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
IMHO much also depends on where you are staying. When we used to stay offsite it was a far more regimented routine... ie popping back for a show was a lot of hassle.

Onsite makes leaving and returning, again IMHO, easier.

I think on a first visit it’s a case of looking at exactly what it is you want to see or do and accepting that unless you are on a route March you will miss things. I for one, will not rush around parks from one ride to another, I like to take in everything that I can see, some of the nuances in the parks are some of the best things. The thought of army maneuvers on holiday just to get on a ride fills me with horror and I’ve been going for thirty odd year ( not the last ten:) and I’ve never felt deprived by missing stuff... going again next May , might have a different story to tell

What age are the children. Are you a ride family, these will give you different answers from different people. The way we did WDW thirty years ago with two kids is totally different to how we did it with two teenagers and how we did it as adults.

One thing to remember that once in a lifetime trip rarely turns out to be once in a lifetime
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
e.g.

Magic Kingdom 2 days
Hollywood Studios 1 day
Animal Kingdom 1 day
Epcot 2 days
Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon 1 day
Your example above is pretty much what I'd suggest. Some people find they can "do" Epcot in 1 day, but we often find ourselves visiting on 2 days.

Of course, that doesn't mean you'll get to do everything in the parks and it doesn't stop you revisiting those parks to redo attractions you enjoyed. I could double the amount of days listed above and still find lots to enjoy during those days.

Have visited Disneyland Paris a few times now with them
As a quick comparison, Hollywood Studios is similar-ish to Walt Disney Studios and Magic Kingdom is similar-ish to Disneyland Park. I would say each of these WDW parks takes about a similar amount of time to "do" as their equivalent DLP parks. Although remember that the parks at WDW tend to be busier.

BTW, just because you've done similar rides at DLP, it shouldn't mean that you don't do them at WDW. Some of the rides with the same name are different (for example, Space Mountain at WDW is very different to the one at DLP) and some are great to do again (and again and again) anyway even if they are the same as the DLP ones.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

If you are happy doing all day and want to do as much as you can I suggest the following, follow busy days guides, and do 2 full days 1 rest day/water park rinse and repeat, avoid weekends.
MK = 2 days
Ep = 2 days
HS = 1 day 1 evening (to see both night shows, spare morning for toy story land FPs )
AK = 1 day (spare mornings for avatar FPs)
TL = 1 day
BB = 1 day
SW = 1-2, but we do love Seaworld.
AQ = 1 day but often go back as fav water park (not done VB yet.)
US = 1 day
IOA = 1 day
US/IOA train HP = 1 DAY
VB = 1 day
BG = 1 day
Legoland / water park = 0 days
KSC / rocket launch / east coast 1-3 days (depends how many times they cancel)
West coast = 1 day
Shopping 3 days (avoid weekends)
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

MK 2 one day get there early and leave late afternoon. The other go in after lunch and stay till close.

EP 2 make sure you stay for the fireworks and look around all the world showcase properly ,taking in the entertainment in each country.

AK and Studios 1 full day in each.
Waterparks 1 in each
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our last trip

5 x MK
4 x HS
3 x AK
2 x Epcot
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List