Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Oct 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Visiting Boardwalk as a day visitor

We always like to visit the Boardwalk for an afternoon and always spend money whilst we are there we have been doing this for the last 20 years but not on this visit. We turned up at the gate to be told no entry unless you are a hotel guest or can show proof of a dining reservation even though the car parks were empty but we could pay $33 to valet park 😲 I don’t think so. They are getting so greedy. Next thing you know they’ll be charging to park at Disney Springs.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
We always like to visit the Boardwalk for an afternoon and always spend money whilst we are there we have been doing this for the last 20 years but not on this visit. We turned up at the gate to be told no entry unless you are a hotel guest or can show proof of a dining reservation even though the car parks were empty but we could pay $33 to valet park 😲 I don’t think so. They are getting so greedy. Next thing you know they’ll be charging to park at Disney Springs.
Sadly it’s because lots of people were parking there and walking to Epcot to avoid parking charges. When we stayed there a few years ago trying to find a parking space was a nightmare so I’m glad they are cracking down on it. If I’m a guest at a hotel I should be able to park without too much of an issue.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's a tricky one as they market boardwalk as a destination for the evening, but it's hard to get to it! I guess Uber is an option?
Could park at DHS or Epcot and walk but then limited by the park hours.
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
It's a tricky one as they market boardwalk as a destination for the evening, but it's hard to get to it! I guess Uber is an option?
Could park at DHS or Epcot and walk but then limited by the park hours.
You could get also get the Friendship. The parking at DHS stays open way past park closing time and the Friendships will take you there if you ask (or you could walk)
Old 11 Oct 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
In the 14+ years I've been on here I've constantly seen replies on this (and all resorts) ranging from "We just rocked up asking if we can have a look round and they've let us park" up to "You can only park for 3 hours with an ADR"

I guarantee that if you searched on here you'll see that range. Naturally everyone who had the first experience will tell us but they won't say they were turned away.

To add to this Boardwalk is a busy convention centre and parking is always at a premium and sometimes residents struggle.

We visit every holiday. Just park up at DS and catch the free WDW bus. You have the option at DS to get a bus to there or S&D or Y&BC and get the boat or walk over.

Mick
Old 11 Oct 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don't think it's greedy to put your guests who have paid up to £500 a night before day trippers who might spend $100 once a year. It seems like good business sense to me. If I've paid that much for a room I expect to be able to park (even more so now the resort parking charges are happening for some guests)
As for the empty BW car park. I don't think I ever saw lots of spaces during our entire stay there in September.
DS or the studios both offer parking if you don't want to pay to park one way or another but yes just because you were fortunate in the past the rules were bent for you doesn't mean Disney are wrong. There is also free parking just as you approach the BW hotel enterance according to a local friend who parked there when they visited us but I didn't actually see where.
Anyway if going to the BW dinner at Trattoria Al Forno is a must so with a reservation the whole situation becomes moot.
Oh nearly forgot one friend was told she couldn't park until the guy saw her Magic Band , apparently Dr Who magic bands will get you into the free parking.

Edited at 09:57 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
You could get also get the Friendship. The parking at DHS stays open way past park closing time and the Friendships will take you there if you ask (or you could walk)
When we were staying at BCV last month, the last friendship boat back from DHS was 9pm.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
When we were staying at BCV last month, the last friendship boat back from DHS was 9pm.
Yes an hour after closing is correct although nothing to stop you walking back it isn't far. It's a nice walk at night and lit.
I believe BW valet is free to guests who have a disabled parking pass too.

Edited at 10:02 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
On Friday we didn't have an issue,we turned up at the gatehouse explained we just want to have a look around and the guard just smiled asked for ID and let us in!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
On Friday we didn't have an issue,we turned up at the gatehouse explained we just want to have a look around and the guard just smiled asked for ID and let us in!
So there you go. The two extremes that I mentioned earlier posted already.

Mick