Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 26 Aug 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Big trolley bags in the bottom of the trolley, pack it at your own speed. Can’t be faffed to redo it after or at the car.
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

OP, you sound like me when DH made me switch from Asda to Lidl. The shopping was ok but I hated the tills! Still do if I’m honest. I try put things on the belt that would go in the bags together. Then I put the large bags in the trolley and try pack at the checkout.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We do group things and arrange them on the belt, but I all goes out of the window when they’re fired through the till! Wil maybe have to invest in some big bags.

On another note, we picked up th special buys mag and they have these in next week. We usually take an extension plug and one travel plug with us to America to charge all our devices and use my hair straighteners, so I think these may be useful!

Edited at 03:00 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

The tills really used to stress me at aldi, but I dont think about it now, just chuck everything on the belt as it comes out, then put it into the trolley as its checked out at the speed of light. Have always had room on the packing shelf so just do it there. Since I've let go of my grocery packing ocd its a lot more relaxing this way!
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I use packingsorted bags and they are a God send.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

If I am alone I just put the stuff in the trolley and do it at the packing shelf at the window.
If I am with DH I am not allowed to touch anything as he is very particular about packing ..people must see me stood there and think Im lazy , but he has his methods.

Luckily we have 4 Aldi within a 20 mile radius and some are not as rushed as others, they are timed though on their speed so some check out operatives are a little OTT at times.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We too have switched to aldi from asda a few months ago. I don't find I've saved money,but get a lot more for the money I spend. We're eating healthier and the fruit,veg and fresh meat/fish is lovely and a fraction of the price. I'm careful how I load the trolley and at checkout,heavy stuff first,lighter stuff last then pack in bags at car,stress free. It's taken me a while to perfect, but got it sorted now. I do wish they done online click and collect though, as that's what I used at asda.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I pack back at the car. I have two open bags in the trolley and just sling it all in, hoping it fits! Then finish at the car. We have the choice of two Aldi stores in town, easy to park, cheaper than Tesco and plenty of good fruit, veg and meats. Been shopping here for around ten years. Topped up with M and S food hall and Sainsbury’s for the odd brand I need.
Old 27 Aug 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

If we go together, wifey packs using big trolley bags. If I go on my own, I always spend a lot less and pack back at the car.
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I throw everything in the trolley (much to my husbands distress&#128514 and then let him pack properly by the window.