Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
There isn’t any uncertainty with regard to the passport. It will expire when it expires and you renew then. It is issued by HM passport office on behalf of the queen so has nothing to do with Brexit apart from some wording.
That’s a relief but can you go to Europe on it
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
That’s a relief but can you go to Europe on it
Why wouldn’t you be able to go to Europe? They still want visitors they are just posturing at the moment with regards to the details.

They also want to visit here so aren’t going to put anything too awkward in place.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I was just going to post a thread as I’m confused!Im assuming 8n March our passports don’t all become invalid! So what if you have 9 years left on your old one? Then what happens if you are going to Spain? Do you have to renew it or only when it expires? I need to do new Estas for my upcoming trip am I alright to do this?
Now here is the spanner I was going to indirect to the USA in August via Iceland how does all that work? This is a headache!
Iceland is not in the EU
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Iceland is not in the EU
True, but what is far more pertinent in this discussion is that it is in the Schengen

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL

Edited at 09:54 PM. Reason: rephrased
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Iceland is not in the EU
I know but it’s on the list I read
Old 17 Sep 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
True, but what is far more pertinent in this discussion is that it is in the Schengen
What does that mean
Old 17 Sep 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
Why wouldn’t you be able to go to Europe? They still want visitors they are just posturing at the moment with regards to the details.

They also want to visit here so aren’t going to put anything too awkward in place.
I know and esp for ppltravelling April!So we would still use our current passport til they expire, I just didn’t think we could as it says EU citizen and we won’t be! This is confusing will we have to do anything extra to get into Europe?
Old 17 Sep 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

What does that mean
Tweety hin, please try not to worry, you'll be fine, your pp will remain valid for travel, they're not going to cut us off at one minute past midnight the day we officially leave. We're in SW Fl at time of official 'and we're off', not concerned one iota about travel back to the UK.

See HERE re Schengen (borderless/nopassport control between its member countries). It's nowt to be worried about, the UK, by choice, wasn't part of Schengen.

Have a smashing holiday Tweety
Old 17 Sep 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I know and esp for ppltravelling April!So we would still use our current passport til they expire, I just didn’t think we could as it says EU citizen and we won’t be! This is confusing will we have to do anything extra to get into Europe?
No, and you're way over-thinking and stressing about it Tweety. It'll take many months/years for all ducks to line up and as long as your pp is datal valid you'll be ok
Old 17 Sep 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave+Hel
slightly serious Dibber

Dave+Hel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We will not be in the EU after brexit so whether the passport says EU or not is irrelevant, dont get too worked up about that
What extra we will need to get into the countries in the EU? Lots of speculation but no one really knows at the moment. The details will come out over the next few months I would imagine
Edited to add that the Shenghen agreement is something that some countries have signed into that allows free movement across borders for people from other countries in the agreement . Some who are signed in are not in the EU

Edited at 11:41 PM.
Dave+Hel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List