Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

Have you or would you go for just a week?

Have been to Orlando many times over the last 25 years but haven’t made it for a couple of years now.

Got a big birthday looming and it’s an outside possibility we could squeeze a 1 week trip to celebrate. However we’ve always said we would not go that far for just a week and actually most of our trips have been for 3 weeks +

Any experience on going for just a week? Would you do it again? Anybody done more than one 7 night trip?

Would be more of a relaxing break, just a couple of park days then a bit of shopping and eating and generally just pottering about as need to keep it a cheap as poss in case we get a chance to do a full on trip next year.

Maybe I should look for somewhere closer, had looked at Paris (Disney) but that’s hardly cheaper than Florida... just a lot quicker to get to!

Any advice or experiences as always very welcome.
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I've not done one week but absolutely would. I'd rather do it as a solo trip though, that way I can do exactly what I'd want to do and maximise my time there.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

My DH and I did a week a few years ago now as that was all we could squeeze in at the time. Would definitely do it again, we had a relaxing break 1 day in a park and a bit of shopping. Lots of pool time and lots of food. Any time is better than no time.
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We are going for week for the 1st time in Nov usually go for 2 weeks but have always wanted to see the hotels and parks with the Christmas Decorations up but do not want the crowds. We are looking forward to its going to be at a relaxed pace only book fast passes for the evenings staying onsite and only doing Disney.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve done just a week several times. If it’s a week or nothing then a week is enough
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I did it in May with my DH for our 25th Anniversary but it was actually 9 nights so we had a full 7 days. Also did the same 3 years ago for DH's 50th as when we priced up other destinations was either cheaper or similar for Florida.

Both times we have done a few days in the parks, WIld Florida, shopping and just chilling out and had a great time. We would certainly do it again and thought of going next May with the kids (12 and 14) for 7/9 days due to great flight prices and as they haven't been for 4 years but I've disowned them as they want to go somewhere different !

Edited at 08:10 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went for a week just a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely. We only booked it 52 days before we went so we couldn’t get fp+ for Slinky or FOP but we managed everything else and we got ADRs as well.

We’ve obviously been before and we’ve already got a 21 night lined up for next year so we just saw this as a bonus and went with the flow. No rushing to get on rides, no stressing just “stopped and smelt the roses”

So I would say absolutely go for it and enjoy it for what it is.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Mymemories is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Took my sister and her children for her 50th for one week February half term 3 years ago and had a fantastic time. Would do it again in a heartbeat if I was rich enough!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TanyaFay
Earning More Ears

Mobile

normally do a week as DH runs his own business so a week is all he says he can manage although we have 10 nights this coming holiday. A week is fine in my opinion as it's a choice of that or not going at all. I won't lie and say it's not tiring but it's so worth it in the end :-)
Old 23 Sep 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

Not done a week but give the choice of a week or not, I would definitely go for a week

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List