Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Oct 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWlover
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile DDP - food budget?

Hi all

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend so far.

We go to Orlando in a couple of weeks and just wondered about people’s experience of the DDP.

We are going for two weeks, staying at POR. We have the dining plan which includes per day:
One quick service
One table service
Two snack credits
Refillable mug

We’ve never had the dining plan before. Do you think we will need to spend much on food? (excluding tips). We are just changing money into $ now and not sure how much to budget for food really!

Thanks in advance.
WDWlover is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You really don't need to budget anything for food if you don't want to. We've had a dining plan on all 5 trips both the (ddp and the qsdp) and have never needed to buy any extra food. We do take cereal for breakfast, but that's more because we like to be able to grab a quick breakfast in our room sometimes so we can head straight to the parks, rather than eating out for breakfast every day. If you want starters or extra sides and drinks, then you'll need to pay for them, but we've never found it necessary so we don't budget anything for spending on food. So, it really depends on how much you like to drink and if you think you might want starters. You get an alcoholic drink included with both qs and ts meals, so 2 a day anyway. At your resort you can use your refillable mug for soft and hot drinks, and you can get free iced water in the parks or use snack credits too. So, depending on that I'd budget $10-$15 per extra drink and $10-$15 per starter.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 09:14 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi. We did ddp for the first time last year and we were surprised how little we spent on extra food! If you’re clever with snack credits you can use them for pastries etc for breakfast. We were quite cautious the first few days but we ended up with quite a few quick service credits left. The portions are so large that you easily share at times. In my experience you will spend very little
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWlover
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks both! I tend to only really drink water in the day anyway so I won’t need to spend much there unless i fancy something different. I’m planning on taking some of those squeezy squash bottles with me for the parks.

I thought about not really budgeting much if anything but wanted reassure that I wasn’t being a bit mad!
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen3675
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Don’t underestimate the cost of tips!
Jen3675 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You'll eat like a king on the DDP, no need to budget for food at all! But yes, as said above you'll still get a full bill with a recommended tip - which isn't included on the DDP
Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWlover
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you!

Sounds good to me, more money for shopping! We usually set aside money for tips when we go so will probably do the same this year I imagine. So excited now
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Just try to be organised with your DDP credits - some of the fine dining restaurants are 2 x table service credits per person (Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossees and Le Celier being our personal faves!) In which case we tend to use snack credits for breakfast, a quick service for lunch and 2 table service creds for dinner
Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by J&C View Post
Just try to be organised with your DDP credits - some of the fine dining restaurants are 2 x table service credits per person (Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossees and Le Celier being our personal faves!) In which case we tend to use snack credits for breakfast, a quick service for lunch and 2 table service creds for dinner
So what do you do for dinner the next day?
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
So what do you do for dinner the next day?
We rarely need to eat 3 ‘meals’ per day when in Orlando, it’s frequently too warm to need much more than breakfast and an evening meal, this means we can stretch our snacks or QS meals allowing us to use a couple of Sig meals using our TS meals.

Eg. One QS credit for a breakfast platter in your food court and swap your drink for a pastry and use your mugs. This feeds 2 and saves both your snacks for later.
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List