Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Jan 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Dewdropdazzle
Excited about Disney

Dewdropdazzle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ha ha. Usual Mid Atlantic corporate waffle the interpretation of which in plain English reads.

''Dear Ryan. We got caught with out mucky hands in the cookie jar by some eagle eyed Member and so we have given up this particular battle.
However we fully intend to screw you for more money and also recover the monies this fiasco has cost us.
Next time we will be more careful and wont get caught out
Finally in the meantime we have chopped the Guy who messed this up and told the member who spotted this that he is no longer welcome home''

Thank You. Grrrr
Haha! Exactly what I thought when I read it.
I Drive 1997,Villa 1998 & 2006, Wilderness Lodge 2008,Fort Wilderness 2009,Old Key West 2010,Fort Wilderness 2011,Wilderness Lodge 2012, DLP 2013,Villa 2014 & 2015, POFQ /Fort Wilderness 2016,Villa 2017, DVC Copper Creek 2018, Saratoga Springs Feb 2019, Villa Aug 2019
Dewdropdazzle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The ‘plain English interpretation’ made me laugh out loud.

Apparently they told the member who was taking the lead they’d buy him out of his contract if he wanted!

Edited at 09:01 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm glad that they've had to cancel the revisions for now. Hopefully the 2021 changes will be more reflective of actual demand rather than money grabbing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Glad to hear it.
Let's hope they don't try it again next year.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The more I think about this and other recent fiascos the more I am thinking that Disney hasn't got anybody who is acting as the Corporate Conscience anymore.

I worked for a big organisation and was at a high level. I was one of the oldest there and know I was used as a 'sounding board' and was the expert on threat risk and harm.

Regularly after Exec meetings I was called for a private evening meeting with the top Boss who used to pick my brains on any threat to us. I used to drive nails into him but he respected my old head advice.

I certainly wouldn't have recommended:-

Cabanas at the MK
Golden Oaks - terrible return for the investment
Treehouse Villas
Dine around the Monorail loop
'Sheds in a lake' at the Poly
Reunion Station
Unprecedented messing with DVC Points.

To assure people I'm not against change I would support:-

Slightly above inflation price rises across the estate
New DVC Resorts
New rides
Pay rises to staff

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'd imagine that they were also finding a bit of a backlash from all those recent owners that had recently been "promised" that their points would always be enough. Plus we all know how averse Disney is to any negative publicity, Strike 1 for the little guys...
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
For Info

Just so we don't all bombard him I am in contact with SMAX and he is working on the changes to the DCV Calculator for 2020. It's a fair bit of work so will take a while to change

Thank you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The more I think about this and other recent fiascos the more I am thinking that Disney hasn't got anybody who is acting as the Corporate Conscience anymore.

I worked for a big organisation and was at a high level. I was one of the oldest there and know I was used as a 'sounding board' and was the expert on threat risk and harm.

Regularly after Exec meetings I was called for a private evening meeting with the top Boss who used to pick my brains on any threat to us. I used to drive nails into him but he respected my old head advice.

I certainly wouldn't have recommended:-

Cabanas at the MK
Golden Oaks - terrible return for the investment
Treehouse Villas
Dine around the Monorail loop
'Sheds in a lake' at the Poly
Reunion Station
Unprecedented messing with DVC Points.

To assure people I'm not against change I would support:-

Slightly above inflation price rises across the estate
New DVC Resorts
New rides
Pay rises to staff
‘Sheds in a lake’ love it!
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
‘Sheds in a lake’ love it!
Most expensive sheds in history. They absorbed around $9m of points each. 20 of them, they took around $180m on those. I'd be surprised if build cost was 250k a piece.
Old 26 Jan 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
It is brilliant news! But...

I transferred points to another member as I was no longer able to make the reservation I wanted, and they needed a few extra points to make theirs, so I transferred across 7 points, now it’s been moved back again I’m short to make my original reservation by 4 points! 😢

Although one of my days falls into 2021 point chart anyway, and from the messages posted on ‘the other board’ from DVC, it looks like they might well change them in 2021, so who knows what points I’ll eventually need now!

It’s great they’ve listened to members, but those of us that just bit the bullet and tried to make the best of their bad decisions, are now messed up! ☹️
Amy if this is true and I won’t be needing the extra points, I shan’t be using them for anything else so I can transfer them back to you if you need them. I think you’re allowed one transfer out and one transfer in per use year

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List