Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Difference in dates? Beginning of July compared to end of august

We usually go end of august or October. Next Year we can go the first two weeks of July. I know the American school children are mostly back when we normally go.
So, whats the difference. Is it busier beginning of July and weather wise, is it the same? last year we had a lot of rain/thunder storms in the afternoon.
Many Thanks
Old 16 Mar 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
We usually go end of august or October. Next Year we can go the first two weeks of July. I know the American school children are mostly back when we normally go.
So, whats the difference. Is it busier beginning of July and weather wise, is it the same? last year we had a lot of rain/thunder storms in the afternoon.
Many Thanks
yes its busier beginning of July, as the American schools are all on holiday. The weather is similar to end of August.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I was wondering the same thing. My son’s school breaks up on 8th July, so we are not sure whether to do early July or late August. Flights can be really cheap in early July, but parks might be busier with usa school children and possible impact of 4th July crowds.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We went last week in June/First in July this year, but we normally go at the end of August.

I didn't notice any impact in terms of queues except for Flight of passage, where no fastpasses were available at 30 days and the queue was measured in hours not minutes.
Heat, storms and humidity wise it wasn't massively that different.

I think any worries are greatly overwhelmed by the money you will save if you can go at that time of year instead of late August. For us it was a one off opportunity and we're now back to late August due to circumstances. I'd go those weeks again if we had full availability of the travelling party.
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There's no "possible" impact for 4th July. It WILL impact massively. It is busiest day of the year together with Christmas Day for MK.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
End of August id much better. The weather isn't great either time, hot and wet but the crowd levels are the difference.

With 4th July falling on a Saturday they will have a Friday Observance day so that will make for a very busy weekend. DD worked at Epcot one summer and she said even her ride (Nemo and Friends) was heaving and had a long wait over 4th July!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
There's no "possible" impact for 4th July. It WILL impact massively. It is busiest day of the year together with Christmas Day for MK.
My first time at Magic Kingdon was July 4th!

It was really busy but the cast members cope really well with it all. We were impressed and the fireworks were amazing.
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
We went last week in June/First in July this year, but we normally go at the end of August.

I didn't notice any impact in terms of queues except for Flight of passage, where no fastpasses were available at 30 days and the queue was measured in hours not minutes.
Heat, storms and humidity wise it wasn't massively that different.

I think any worries are greatly overwhelmed by the money you will save if you can go at that time of year instead of late August. For us it was a one off opportunity and we're now back to late August due to circumstances. I'd go those weeks again if we had full availability of the travelling party.
Its a one off for us too as our youngest DD finishes her A levels and so we can go early for the first time in 15 years After that, Il be teaching from next September, so will be back to end of august probably. Good to know prices may be cheaper.
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
End of August id much better. The weather isn't great either time, hot and wet but the crowd levels are the difference.

With 4th July falling on a Saturday they will have a Friday Observance day so that will make for a very busy weekend. DD worked at Epcot one summer and she said even her ride (Nemo and Friends) was heaving and had a long wait over 4th July!
Does it only last for the weekend or do the crowd levels stay the same for the entire time doing that week ? thanks
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We have been at this time of year many many times. If you just have a pool day on the 4th (or just generally avoid MK and waterparks) you're usually totally fine.

It is busy, but more than manageable with good planning and Fastpasses.

The weather is sometimes hit and miss, especially with the rainstorms being a lot more unpredictable now than say 10-15 years ago, but you'd get that in late August anyway.

The main difference is cost. Flights in early July, if you book them right, can be very reasonable as it's out of term time for the UK (which you obviously don't get in late August)
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List