Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Jun 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Tampa airport car hire

Can any recent visitors using Tampa airport advise if you need use the car hire shuttle for Six car hire?

How difficult is using the shuttle?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

The shuttle is easy to use and takes you straight to rental desks, Very easy to navigate although we rented with Alamo.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

really easy, don't worry.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to jump in but is it well sign posted to drive from the airport to the I4. We flew into Tampa back in 2012 before the new car center.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

I found it wasn't well sign posted to the car rental center. Follow signs for Tampa airport from the I4 to the 275 and then after coming off the 275 it is the first exit "Spruce street" 616. It is then the first left. If you turn right instead

If you turn right instead down N Obrian St and follow until you reach N Cypress steet and turn left there is a 7-Eleven where you can fill up. just go back up N OBrian St until you reach Car Rental Centre.

I used googlemaps to help out.
Old 8 Jun 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Originally Posted by NITR8 View Post
I found it wasn't well sign posted to the car rental center. Follow signs for Tampa airport from the I4 to the 275 and then after coming off the 275 it is the first exit "Spruce street" 616. It is then the first left. If you turn right instead

If you turn right instead down N Obrian St and follow until you reach N Cypress steet and turn left there is a 7-Eleven where you can fill up. just go back up N OBrian St until you reach Car Rental Centre.

I used googlemaps to help out.
Whats it like driving from the car center to Orlando direction?

August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I believe its simple, however as it was my first time i followed googlemaps and it took me on the back roads to the I4, i suspect as the freeways were a bit busy with rush hour.

We landed in Tampa at 4.30pm and arrived in Indian Ridge (near mystic dunes off the 192)just before 7pm. We were the last off the plane but although had to queue through immigration it wasnt anywhere like Orlando airport. Had an Avis preferred, so headed straight to garage and car was listed on the board(this has never worked at Orlando). Got a free upgrade from Fullsize car to intermediate SUV (Subaru Forrester).
Old 8 Jun 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Originally Posted by NITR8 View Post
I believe its simple, however as it was my first time i followed googlemaps and it took me on the back roads to the I4, i suspect as the freeways were a bit busy with rush hour.

We landed in Tampa at 4.30pm and arrived in Indian Ridge (near mystic dunes off the 192)just before 7pm. We were the last off the plane but although had to queue through immigration it wasnt anywhere like Orlando airport. Had an Avis preferred, so headed straight to garage and car was listed on the board(this has never worked at Orlando). Got a free upgrade from Fullsize car to intermediate SUV (Subaru Forrester).
Thanks for the info, we are on the same flight by the sound of it.
We are renting with Alamo and have done skip the counter so should be fairly smooth, should be a similar arrival time we are staying at Sunset Lakes.

August 2015-Trip Index
Old 8 Jun 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Have fun, we are staying in Sunset Lakes next year.
Old 25 Jun 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you

Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
The shuttle is easy to use and takes you straight to rental desks, Very easy to navigate although we rented with Alamo.
Thank you