Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 16, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

SFO Airport Shuttle

Arrive at 2.30pm on 29 September. Unsure if I should book a shared shuttle in advance or just wait and see which ones come first when I arrive. Shared shuttle seems the cheapest option ($30 for 2 adults). Not sure if my brain will be working when I arrive after an 18 hour journey!

Any advice/experience on this.

Thanks x
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

we used Supershuttle a few times recently on our trip to California and the process for curb side pick up from SFO airport was chaotic to say the least - all other use of Supershuttle was great. it didn't help that you had to check yourself in using a mobile phone - ok if you have access to one when you land.
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I was travelling on my own and used Supershuttle at SFO. No problem at all. I checked in with the lady at the pick up point (rather than on my mobile). I got a text right away, even though I was standing next to her, with all the details of Van number, destination and wait time. Couldn't fault the service, and also got it on way back. I was able to sit in my hotel lobby, using the WiFi, and watch the progress of my shuttle as it made its way towards the hotel.

I'd just go ahead and pre-book OP. It's one less thing to think about when you arrive.
Old 9 Sep 16, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We've used Supershuttle at SFO with no probs, you might drive around the terminals a few times to pick others up but you still get into the city pretty quick and for a good price.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We used the Supershuttle at SF we booked on-line ( not shared but there were 4 of us) there were only 2 people waiting in line for the shared one. Great service would definetely recommend.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you done a Lyft or Uber estimate ? Pretty sure it only cost is about $30 to Union Square. Lyft is very popular in San Francisco. We got a code which gave us $5 off each of the first 10 rides.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the advice. I've never used Uber/Lyft before. I'm staying at Zephyr Hotel in Fishermans Wharf.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Fisherman's wharf is about 1.5 miles further on, but I checked lyftcalculator/ and it's still coming in at less than $30.

We had never used Uber/Lyft until our trip 3 weeks ago. We got a new sign up discount of $22 off our first Uber journey do used that for the airport leg. We then used Lyft for the short journeys. We walked at least 10 miles every day, but the San Fran hills did defeat us ! So, we would walk one way and get a Lyft back.

You do need wifi or internet connection to call the cab. We took a 3 pay as you go sim which gave us unlimited data. You install the app, add a credit card or Paypal as payment method and you are good to go. The longest we ever waited was 5 mins, but usually it was 2 or 3. The app knows where you are so, all you have to do is stand still ! You can either select your destination by putting a pin in a map or inputting an address. The app recognises hotel names and our Alamo car depot so we didn't need to know full addresses.

We had done real 'value add' from the drivers - really interesting people. One or two were like having personalised tour guides.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the advice. Defo going to sign up. How do you go about getting promotion codes for uber/lyft?

Also can they pick you up from the airport and is there anywhere in particular you need to stand.

Thanks x
Old 10 Sep 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Just google for promotions and use them as you sign up. I used Feeling22 for the discount for a new Uber user - that worked 3 weeks ago but don't know the expiry date. The Lyft code came from a card being handed out in Vegas - there are hundreds of cards handed out every day there

I also googled about pick up - you look for ride share / van share. At Sfo I seem to recall it was by departures rather than arrivals. It is just the floor immediately above where we collected our bags from, tho that was a domestic arrival. At SFO every door had a number and the app even had a drop down box with the door number so there could be no confusion over where you were.

Although we used Uber to get from the airport, we then used Lyft in SFO - it started up there so it seemed to have better availability than uber
Closed Thread