Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Jun 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jess1ca100
Trainee Dibber

Seattle tips?

We will be spending 2 days prior to cruise and 2 days post cruise in Seattle, does anyone have tips for area to stay/hotel/food? we are a family of 6, but kids are adults so we can have more than one room and love foodie stuff (Pike Market looks great!) and sightseeing

thank you!
jess1ca100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I only had a day in Seattle last year but would recommend the Space Needle (stunning views of the sound, Olympic Mountains and some of the Cascade Range) & Chihuly Garden which is next door. Pike Place should definitely be on your list & there are foodie tours you can book. I also enjoyed Pioneer Square with the Waterfall Garden and the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Mobile

All those things above

Love Seattle its a great city!

Depending on which cruise your on you can stay in hotels near the piers - if its NCL then the Marriott is directly opposite.

At pike and 1st there is Starbucks number one store where they have anything new and in pike Market the original Starbucks - it sells coffee but there is a big queue!

However if you like coffee there are alos hundreds of independant coffee shops to try.

We did the Seattle hop on hop off city tour which was good for getting our bearings.

You can do a tour of Boeing (although the cutbacks may change this! )

Get the ferry across the bay for a cheap boat trip and wonderful views of the city!

And there are many good restaurants depending upon what you like - but of course theres some excellent fish ones

We are back there July 21 for a cruise too - postponed from this July for obvious reasons
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We love Seattle and hope - fingers crossed - to be there again in September.

You should definitely visit the EMP Museum while your'e at the Space Needle - I think your kids would love it! The Chihuly Glass exhibition is there too and awesome! The monorail also stops there.

There's our previous Seattle visit in my trip report in my signature. Feel free to ask any questions!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
AbigailF
Getting Excited

Definitely go and see the big troll under the bridge.

It's right near Gasworks Park which is great for a place to sit and eat.
AbigailF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We loved the EMP museum!
I would go to the Boeing tour if I went back (and it’s still running).
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Loved the Boeing tour, space needle. Loved the rapid transit from the airport east to use and inexpensive. Love Pike Place, a trip to Ballard is interesting.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are interested in the Space Needle, Chihuly Gardens and Museum of Pop Culture (they are all located next to each other) then definitely look at the City Pass. It also includes the aquarium and a harbor tour.

citypass/seattle

Once you have purchased the tickets, you can make a reservation for the Space Needle to avoid potentially long lines.

Highly recommend the Boeing factory tour, but next time will visit the Boeing Museum of Flight.

Pike Place Market not to be missed.
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

Like others, I would also recommend the EMP and the Space Needle; for the latter purchase the ticket that allows you to return on the evening, you get a different perspective.
I recall opposite Pike Place market, a couple of doors down from the Starbucks there was a hole-in-the-wall Chinese bakery; sweet treats and great steamed bao buns, bigger and tastier than the ones from Wagamama
A walk around the market was a treat, from the fishmongers throwing fish to the wonderful colours of the flowers and fresh produce. At one end there are an array of curio shops, where we purchased a new unique nik-naks.
If the big wheel is still on the harbour front don't bother, the London Eye it ain't!

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I have to ask because (I was due there this year and have postponed until 2021), while I was researching flights on FlyerTalk there was a pretty scaremongering thread about homeless in Seattle. I have a hunch that because people were bringing politics into it that they had a set on the city in the first place and therefore they're not a reliable source. But did you have any issues in that regard?
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List