Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Nov 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I have a delonghi bean to cup and would highly recommend
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Thats what we have. Buy nice beans and the result is better than any coffee shop coffee.
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Also have the de longhi Magnifica bean to cup. They seem to have good offers Black Friday/ Boxing Day. Husband never buys coffee shop coffees now as they are nowhere near as good as the ones he can make himself.
We also have a De Longhi bean to cup Magnifica and I agree, it makes the best coffee. We order whole beans from Joffrey's and have gorgeous, freshly ground WDW themed coffee every day.
We've had ours around 4 years, it's been serviced a couple of times and I can't recommend it enough.

I don't use the milk frother on it, mainly because it's very fiddly to clean, we bought a Dualit frother which is really simple to rinse out each time.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

We have this one

amazon/DeLonghi-Ma...76&sr=8-5&th=1

Really good machine, our steam knobs a bit thought, but that’s the only gripe with it, took a couple coffees to get the strength as we wanted it, but we’ve left it alone since really,
We like the lavaza beans, or strong blends from the supermarket (we got some cracking Italian blend from Lidl), though that’s all personal taste
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We also have a De Longhi bean to cup Magnifica and I agree, it makes the best coffee. We order whole beans from Joffrey's and have gorgeous, freshly ground WDW themed coffee every day.
We've had ours around 4 years, it's been serviced a couple of times and I can't recommend it enough.

I don't use the milk frother on it, mainly because it's very fiddly to clean, we bought a Dualit frother which is really simple to rinse out each time.
Wouldn't be without by bean to cup De Longhi Magnifica. I find the milk frother a doddle to clean as its dishwasher safe.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I have a tassimo pod machine, really for the speciality drinks, but was hand back in the days when I used to go to work.

I had a cheaper filter machine, and an aeropress. I upgraded the filter machine, for £35 to the below, and it's fab... paper filters make a big difference, and the thermos jug is Brill to keep warm at the table... Apparently hot plates can spoil the flavour. Also has a timer. Great value.

ao/product/6764395-melit...-65681-67.aspx
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Wouldn't be without by bean to cup De Longhi Magnifica. I find the milk frother a doddle to clean as its dishwasher safe.
I agree that's the best and quickest way, but then it always seems to be mid cycle when I want a latte!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I also have a De Longhi. I think I bought it because of a thread on here a few years ago.

I use it every day and absolutely love it.

I don't use the milk frother, just heat milk in the microwave.
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ae111sr
Proud to wear my Ears

Last January we were looking for a bean to cup machine and did a lot of research, both online and in shops (remember those days?). It had to sit on the kitchen work surface and had to fit under a wall cupboard 18" above. this meant that some machines were out of the question. In the end we plumped for a De'Longhi PrimaDonna Class ECAM 550.75.MS which we got from John Lewis - luckily at that time they were on sale at just over half price so we got a great bargain. They are no longer in stock at De'Longhi so not sure what the situation is if you wanted to buy one now. It makes good coffee once you get the grind dialled in. It took a while for us to find the beans that liked best - freshly roasted beans from a local supplier. It has kept us in great tasting coffee during the pandemic.
ae111sr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
I also have a De Longhi. I think I bought it because of a thread on here a few years ago.

I use it every day and absolutely love it.

I don't use the milk frother, just heat milk in the microwave.
We have the Magnifica model with the frother nozzle. It is really easy and just wipes clean. I didn’t want the one with the separate frother jug because it just looked to much of a faff to clean.

I never drank coffee before but even I like it now.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks folks

I like the look of the Magnifica, but it doesnt have the Portafilter, my youngest has seen coffee made in cafes and fancies doing it at home
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I think mine is the Delongi one you have listed I got it for my birthday last year when my wife started having issues with capsule disposal. This is the best present I have ever had.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List