Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile Seat allocation flying BA

If booking with BA do people pay for seat allocation? We are 2 adults and 2 ch ( aged 8 and 11). It doesn’t allow you to look what’s seat are available before you actually book. What are people’s best experiences - hoping to fly Aug 19th - sep 3rd
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

We flew this year August 8 for 2 weeks and I was the same but there were 7 of us. I didn’t need to worry as soon as online check in became available I booked seats of 4 and 7. I could see they were allocated about 5 days before so when I went on I just changed the seating around (certain kids cannot sit next to each other for 9 hours) I know a lot of people pay for the security of knowing but I wouldn’t.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Not sure if this helps answer your question but as your kids are under 12 years of age BA will seat you all together.
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
If booking with BA do people pay for seat allocation? We are 2 adults and 2 ch ( aged 8 and 11). It doesn’t allow you to look what’s seat are available before you actually book. What are people’s best experiences - hoping to fly Aug 19th - sep 3rd
You can see the seats that are available before you book (if booking direct on ba.com), you just need to go a bit further through the booking process (enter passenger names etc). You get the option to add seat selection before paying, at which point you can view the available seats.

At this point for next August, it isn't likely to tell you a lot beyond the price (which is also subject to change), since the great majority of seats would likely still be available at this point.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
You can see the seats that are available before you book (if booking direct on ba.com), you just need to go a bit further through the booking process (enter passenger names etc). You get the option to add seat selection before paying, at which point you can view the available seats.

At this point for next August, it isn't likely to tell you a lot beyond the price (which is also subject to change), since the great majority of seats would likely still be available at this point.
Ok thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
Not sure if this helps answer your question but as your kids are under 12 years of age BA will seat you all together.
BA will make best endeavors to sit a child under 12 with an adult in their party this could mean across and aisle or in the row behind it may 2 children with one adult or it may mean 2 sets of 1 child and 1 adult.

BA are pretty good at this and will not intentionally split people but every year some families do get split up. In the Orlando flights in the school holidays there are more families so there is a greater risk (albeit small) of being split up.

If being split up would ruin your holiday book seats and remove the worry we always factor in the cost of booking seats and would not dream of going on a long hall flight without doing this. If you choose not to book then you have no right to get upset if you are split up or to expect others to move for you.

As has been said BA are usually very good at keeping families together but they are not under obligation to do this.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

We never pay to book seats and have always been seated together (2 Adults & 2 Children).
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
We never pay to book seats and have always been seated together (2 Adults & 2 Children).
Even in the school holidays?
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
Even in the school holidays?
Never paid and don't intend to pay in the future either.

We do have the advantage that as we get a connecting flights from Aberdeen to LHR so the online checkin opens early for us however BA have always allocated seats anyway.
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I always pay For my seats on BA yes it’s annoying having to pay but it’s only money at end of the day, I like particular seats in the club world cabin so think it’s money well spent
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List