Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 20, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Managed to get on a FB group and found out loads, mainly Miss Vanjie can’t come now due to passport issues, whatever that means. Adore is charging £40, so she’s out! 😄, but Baga and Divina are £10, not sure about Bianca yet. Still waiting on booth times.

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm gutted 'cos I only found out a week ago that this was on - my only saving grace is that my favourite Queen (I'm only on Series 5 of the US version, but saw all of the UK), PhiPhi isn't going as he's heading to Canada this weekend. I'm gutted to miss out on the other Queens though, especially Cheryl Hole. Hope it's a success so they do it again next year.

Have fun
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I LOVE RPDR but sadly I could only go today and the tickets were sold out when I checked (and I couldn't really fork out hundreds for all the super duper VIP tickets) but hoping it's a success and they do it every year like in NYC and LA.

For anyone who goes - come back on here and let us know how you get on. There wasn't too much info on the website so would be good to hear what it's actually like; what shows/talks are on, what it's like to meet the queens at their booths, how much they charge etc

Hope everyone who goes has a great time!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Unfortunately I’m reading that people were still queuing outside for hours and then they stopped them going in as it has reached maximum capacity. Seriously oversold this event. They’ve been told they can come back tomorrow, but obviously tomorrow’s tickets can’t be used again. So now I’m dreading it. Knew it might be bad, but not this bad! Just disgusting how they just herd people about not caring if it’s been oversold and making people wait out in the freezing cold. 😡
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Baga? Is that you?
Hah, no, she's far more glamorous than me

I went yesterday, got there at 9:00 got inside the venue at 10:45. We expected queues but they were horrendous. Bianca was meeting and greeting today, but tickets for the meet & greet were sold on Saturday (900 max). Most queens you had to buy some merch to get a picture with them - that didn't bother me as we knew that would be the case. The queue for Michelle Visage was about 500 long.

Miss Vanjie didn't come, I was disappointed as she was no 1 on my list of queens to meet.

Not sure I would go again. Very crowded and queues, queues, queues.
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Anyone meet Scaredy?
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to drag world last August at Olympia which was much better organised. However we were disappointed that some Queens charged and some didn’t and we didn’t know up front. We would go again, but get there early and take cash. There were a lot of Ru Paul queens there including season winners.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I really wanted to but my friend who I’d have gone with couldn’t make it. I’ve been seeing the posts in IG though, plus the complaints about it being oversold! My faves are Bianca, Adore, Vanjie, Baga, Vivienne... I have so many more haha.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Well we went and managed to get in! Got there at about 9:10 and got in at 10! Thank God as I was slowly developing hyperthermia! Went straight to Baga’s queue, one for merch then a second one for meet & greet. Two hours in total in those queues, would have been quicker but she bogged off for a wee and a fag! The only other one we met was Blu Hydrangea, absolutely adorable! So lovely to my daughter. We did stand in Divina’s queue but she came back saying she couldn’t stay so just got a quick snap shot of her. Bianca didn’t even bother as it was very unfair of them to sell her meet & greets on the Sat when she and Sun people weren’t there! We obviously saw loads more just from passing their booths and around about, Rupaul walked right past us after his mammoth DJ set. Can’t believe how much stamina he has! Because we were in Blu’s queue we couldn’t get in to see his panel with Bananarama. And also because of that queue we could only hear The Frock Destroyers and not see them.

Anneka Rice suddenly appeared next to me and had a selfie with someone, and I blagged a VIP t-shirt for free at the end of the day. So we didn’t do everything we wanted but were happy with what we did do. I really think they should have it in a bigger venue next time, and I’d want to go on the second day again to avoid any mistakes made again on the first!

Miss Vanjie had problems with her passport so couldn’t actually get here for it!

Deggs x
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
My daughter and I were there on Saturday, it was chaos. We got in the queue at 9.30am and were in the venue for 10.30am just as the parade of Queens was starting, couldn't see any of it though as it was at floor level and it was already 20 deep surrounding it

We did manage to be only 3rd in the queue for Blu and met her, she was SO lovely, we go a great photo (but DD did have to spend £25 on a t-shirt!) we also queued 1hr 45 mins for Divina to be told she was leaving at 2.20pm, given how little progress we'd made in the queue by that point we ended up bailing.

The venue clearly couldn't cope with the number of attendees in the building, they ran out of hot food and the toilets were in a right state by early afternoon with no loo roll to be found.

It was an interesting experience to say the least and I really hope they have learnt from this event, they need a much bigger venue, and a better queuing system for the Queens, most of the time you couldn't actually tell if you were in a queue or not!

Highlight of the day for me was spotting one of the Lego Masters judges (the one who works for Lego) in the Brit Crew kissing booth, then having a chat with him about how awesome Lego Masters is and that we hope it comes back this year... he told us the new commissioner at C4 decided not to do it last year!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List