Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Aug 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gem_Woody
Trying for More Ears

Cool Glasses wearers and Rides

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of my fellow glasses wearers could let me know what its like to go on rides (especially at Universal where I understand you have to lock your bags away).
Usually when I go to theme parks in the UK I will remove my glasses right before I get on a ride and put them in my bag. Will I be able to do the same in Florida? I hate not being able to see when I get on/off a ride.
Does anyone just hold their glasses on a ride or put them in a pocket?
Obviously contacts are a good option but I wont want to wear them all day every day. Also I don't know if you can wear contacts while riding fast rides?!

Thanks

Gem_Woody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by Gem_Woody View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of my fellow glasses wearers could let me know what its like to go on rides (especially at Universal where I understand you have to lock your bags away).
Usually when I go to theme parks in the UK I will remove my glasses right before I get on a ride and put them in my bag. Will I be able to do the same in Florida? I hate not being able to see when I get on/off a ride.
Does anyone just hold their glasses on a ride or put them in a pocket?
Obviously contacts are a good option but I wont want to wear them all day every day. Also I don't know if you can wear contacts while riding fast rides?!

Thanks
There are lockers next to the rides in universal where you cannot take on a bag, but if you struggle to read without glasses, I would not recommend leaving them in the locker, as some require a fingerprint to open and some a pin number.

I always wear a strap of some sort on my glasses which I tighten just before riding, there are literally thousands of styles to choose from.

The only time I've ever felt wary of loosing them without a strap though was on Kraken in SeaWorld. Even the Hulk didn't cause any problem

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gem_Woody
Trying for More Ears

To be fair, my eyesight isn't that bad but I just feel a bit uneasy without them! Oh ok, so you usually wear them on all the rides? Maybe I'll consider getting a strap then. In Disneyland Paris, I managed to keep mine on while riding space mountain.

Gem_Woody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't rides coasters that go upside down but do ride fast rides such as TOT, Forbidden Journey, Dr Dooms Fearfall, Big Thunder Mountain etc.
I always keep my glasses on and have never had a problem with them. Just as well as I can barely see without them 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I've never taken mine off yet and they have been fine on everything I've ridden.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

I wear contacts now but I never had a problem with wearing my glasses on rides.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gem_Woody
Trying for More Ears

That's good to know, thanks guys

Old 8 Aug 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Newbie
slightly serious Dibber

My brother never had a problem but on duelling dragons at universal his prescription sunglasses flew off. He said he felt them going but couldn't grab them. They were riding the front row though this might have helped.
Old 8 Aug 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've never taken my glasses off for a ride personally , in all my 12 trips to all Orlando parks . I don't go on very extreme rides tho like loops

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
LOL just picture this... not long ago collected my new glasses... to my DD despair I threw my head about to see if they'd fall off.
she said mother what are you doing... I'm making sure they won't fall off ready for all those rides... she shook head and rolled eyes...

Always keep mine on , go on mostly everything although this year will be my first hulk ride

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List