Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Jul 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I went over this with my agent and got him to double check for me too? (They must love us😳! ). He told me while they can do this, they can't secure the reservation while they do it, so your booking is at risk if there is limited availability? He won't and checked and came back to confirm?

Did they specifically say they could do it without risking your reservation? We are all being told different things again!😖
I'm sorry but N0; they didn't specifically say anything about risking the reservation.
Oh my goodness, this gets worse and worse
Our points situation is a proper mess tbh because our 2019 points were banked to add to 2020 and 2021 points to make a 9 night, 2 bedroom Savanna villa booking for 7 people and our current reservation is only using 139 points for a studio. .
I think another call to MS is in order *sigh*
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
I'm sorry but N0; they didn't specifically say anything about risking the reservation.
Oh my goodness, this gets worse and worse
Our points situation is a proper mess tbh because our 2019 points were banked to add to 2020 and 2021 points to make a 9 night, 2 bedroom Savanna villa booking for 7 people and our current reservation is only using 139 points for a studio. .
I think another call to MS is in order *sigh*
😢, I feel your pain I'm in the same position regarding my points and cancelling from last year! It worries me so much that we get told different things! I'm hoping to re-book end of March beginning of April, prime spring break time so it will booked up by December I think! It's not all available now?

Let us know what they say if you ring again! 👍
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I am more worried about my points going into holding if I have to cancel within 30 days... it is 30 days before check in yea that the points will start to go into holding?
From what I understand from my call to MS yesterday, the 'holding' issue does not apply to international members at the moment? Our points if not in current use year will be 'held' until our use year and then paid into our account and will be available to use approx 2 weeks later for bookings (and travel completed) by May 31st 2022?

Caveat being that no one can say how much longer the 'International policy' is going on for!
Old 27 Jul 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have just spoken to them and they have moved 401 of my 2019 Points in to 2022 to be used by the end of May. That will be in addition to the 192 Points they moved 3 Months ago.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I dont have any banked points, just don't want this years to go into holding, so they will put them back into my 2021 use year even if I cancel within 30 days?

Basically I am waiting for Virgin to cancel my flight- which is not likely anytime soon, and could be inside the 30 day window. I do not want another open ticket or voucher to use!
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I dont have any banked points, just don't want this years to go into holding, so they will put them back into my 2021 use year even if I cancel within 30 days?

Basically I am waiting for Virgin to cancel my flight- which is not likely anytime soon, and could be inside the 30 day window. I do not want another open ticket or voucher to use!
I'm already within the 30 day cancellation window for our August trip. No issues whatsoever.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook

Agree with Mr Tom, you won't have an issue unless the international policy has been removed, because the border has opened!
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
We cancelled Sunday, and MS spoke to another department to get our points out of holding, in fact offered to do so. Really helpful, just apologised she’d need to go on hold to get the other dept but didn’t know how long it might take (15 mins in the end).

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
We cancelled Sunday, and MS spoke to another department to get our points out of holding, in fact offered to do so. Really helpful, just apologised she’d need to go on hold to get the other dept but didn’t know how long it might take (15 mins in the end).
That's good to hear, fingers crossed everyone's getting that.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I also had a similar call on Sunday where they intimated that if our flights were cancelled within the 31 day window they would then pull them out of holding and back into UY.
Again said it was my call and would not be held to confirm. She also said that once knew we could travel we could ring but it would be a supervisor who would re allocate 2019 “banked and extend to May 22” points - but has to just be after the normal UY date has passed, which for us happens to be beginning of August.
Our biggest issue seems to be those with Virgin flights which are cancelling at 30 days and we need to stop holding by cancelling at 31! I did get the impression that borders were still closed they would revert them as they have for Mr Tom. But as many have said all could change if borders open or they run out of their inventory that they are using for this.
As we are both double vaccinated and would take whatever PCR tests were necessary we may take punt and wait. We are due to fly 30th Sept. We would only need to rent out our MK birthday 2 night stay at SSR and then a weeks SSR separate booking. Our third booking for the trip is AKL and is within use year, so we will know about flying before 31 days as it is at the end of our trip. So having having the three different bookings for one trip has paid off this time.
Very hard to make a decision. Watching US news like a hawk.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List