Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Mar 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I have to disagree too.

I can’t ever imagine anyone who loves their pets would ever think, “It’s only a dog.”
I have to disagree too. I love dogs and wish I could have one but working full time it wouldn't be fair. I remember when I was a kid we had a dog and always put him in kennels when we went on holiday. When we got home he always sulked for two days, wouldn't speak to us at all! He ate his food etc, just ignored us. On the one hand it was quite funny but on the other hand it was quite sad. This was nothing to do with the kennels, they came highly recommended to us by several people and were absolutely brilliant.

Edited at 09:54 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

OP, I would have thought, like you said, "It's just a dog", before we had our dog. Now, I am feeling bad about leaving him for our trip in December. He will be fine, as will your dog.

I totally understand feeling bad about it though. As another poster put it, at least you won't feel so sad when it's time to go home. Bring him some nice treats to make up for it.

Have a nice time.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Have to disagree some pets are nicer than kids!
And some Family/Adults!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Because you can look after a pet by being a responsible owner, but not have the same attachment to it as other people do by referring to it as a child or furbaby or what ever people call them

As long as they are looked after and cared for, surely that's all that matters ?
I just don’t really see the point in having a pet if the owner feels like this - sounds more like an obligation to me.

But, we’re all different.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

My girls are really excited about the holiday but devastated about having to leave our kitty. She is going to stay at the in laws, who will pamper and love her. She is an indoor cat though and the kids are terrified about her being let out and getting lost. I have never been an animal person but our cat is now a member of the family who we all love and who has brought us lots of fun and happy memories.
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyBelle1105 View Post
We used to go to Florida every year. Like many on here, it is our happy place. That was until last year, we didn't go to Florida because we had just got our dog and moved house.

We are going to Florida next week, my teenager is beside himself with excitement. I can't say that I am, in fact I'm full of anxiety about leaving our dog. My Mum is coming to stay in our house, so at least he will be in his own surroundings.

Now, I have to say that before we got our sweet pug, If i had saw this post i would have probably thought "Good Lord woman, its just a dog"

I work from home and he sleeps on our bed at night (the shame) So I spend all my time with him.

Please tell me i'm not the only one that has felt like this?

Currently looking at motorhomes and only having UK holidays from now on.
We have a maltese and a cross Maltese/Bichon. Millie our cross has slept on our bed since she was 8wks old. Would never sleep in her bed. She is now 10 . I hate leaving them esp her .DH thinks I'm mad . She's only a dog... he will say Its the only thing that cheers me up coming home is that I will soon be able to give them a big cuddle when I get back . I never used to be a dog lover until one of my DS kept asking for a puppy . Never thought I would end up buying two . So I know how you feel

Edited at 10:28 PM.
68nic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

I feel your pain. We have an 8 month old cockapoo, Maisie. My little fur baby! I work from home too and she also sleeps on my bed even though I swore it would never happen. DH works nights and we have a king size bed so...

Last month we decided to go away for 2 nights for DH's birthday and I was so worried about her. I took her to my Mum and Dad's where she has stayed with me multiple times and must have text my mum countless times over the trip. Maisie had a blast! Such a lovely holiday for her and she didn't even remember to miss me until I pulled my car into the drive, lol.

Tonight she is there again as we have theatre tickets and don't want to leave her so long in the evening. She's curled up on my Mum's bed snoring her heart out as I type.

For our two week trip in September I know she will once again have a fabulous time with my parents, although it does seem a very long time to me. I'm sure I feel it more than she does but it makes us appreciate her even more when she's home.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List