Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 19 Jul 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Totally agree about Lost. So many plot lines seemed irrelevant by the time the ending finally happened. We’ve watched it again since on Sky and it was just as bad second time round. I recently watched that 365 days that’s on Netflix and I’d say that ending was rubbish also but to be honest the film was rubbish. I can’t believe the hype it got.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was a bit disappointed with the end of Sons of Anarchy. Such a great series on the whole though.
I can't remember the name of the film, but we watched one on Netflix recently and I couldn't believe it when the end was that he woke up and it was all a dream!
Old 20 Jul 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

So my Nan came round every Friday evening when I was a kid and we had to watch all the American soaps
The Colbys - one of the main characters was abducted by a ufo in the last episode
And while not an ending a special mention must go to Dallas who passed a whole season off as a dream just so they could bring Bobby back from the dead
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
My favourite series but I think it just ran out of steam as the cast changed.
Agreed. 2nd time in a day I've posted about West Wing on the DIBB.

Off topic but as a self proclaimed West Wing nerd - it took a drop after Aaron Sorkin was sacked toward end of Season 4. Season 5 was relatively poor and it almost jumped the shark. But I thought 6 and especially 7 with Jimmy Smits & Alan Alda running for President were very strong indeed.

The ending was perfect for me although as posted by Jenny earlier - sad because I wanted it to go on forever and ever and ever...

Apart from GOT (such a disappointment - a whole thread in itself), I'm struggling to think of a series with a poor ending. A bit niche but Netflix's House Of Cards ending was terrible but that was enforced by the situation with Kevin Spacey.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
Agreed. 2nd time in a day I've posted about West Wing on the DIBB.

Off topic but as a self proclaimed West Wing nerd - it took a drop after Aaron Sorkin was sacked toward end of Season 4. Season 5 was relatively poor and it almost jumped the shark. But I thought 6 and especially 7 with Jimmy Smits & Alan Alda running for President were very strong indeed.

The ending was perfect for me although as posted by Jenny earlier - sad because I wanted it to go on forever and ever and ever...

Apart from GOT (such a disappointment - a whole thread in itself), I'm struggling to think of a series with a poor ending. A bit niche but Netflix's House Of Cards ending was terrible but that was enforced by the situation with Kevin Spacey.
Oh yes House of Cards, such a shame as that was a great show.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
Years later I’m still annoyed with how Lost ended, not to mention (dare I say it), how game of thrones ended.

So which shows have you watched / invested time in, only to be sorely let down with the ending?
Lost was the worst ending of all time to any show and it was so good, such a shame.

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Game of Thrones, definitely! I cant bring myself twitch any of the episodes again because I was so gutted with how it ended.
Game of thrones was the best ending to a show ever... dragon burning city down, bad guys beaten and good guys survive. What’s not to love.

Originally Posted by Libbyimo View Post
The sopranos!
I loved this ending, did they or didn’t they get done in?

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
West Wing - just wanted this series to go on and on thru each new new Presidents era.
My favourite TV programme of all time. I have this whole series recorded on Sky and I’m in a perpetual cycle of watching it over and over again.

I thought the ending was a natural finale to the programme. Abby turns to Jed and says... “what are you thinking of” and Jed looks out of Airforce 2 and says... “tomorrow” perfect 👌
Old 20 Jul 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
My favourite TV programme of all time. I have this whole series recorded on Sky and I’m in a perpetual cycle of watching it over and over again.

I thought the ending was a natural finale to the programme. Abby turns to Jed and says... “what are you thinking of” and Jed looks out of Airforce 2 and says... “tomorrow” perfect 👌
Don't. Stop it. You'll start me off... too late.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Angel! So disappointed neither him or Spike became human before it was cancelled!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Dungeons and dragons - they never got home forever before the cartoon was cancelled
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Buffy the vampire slayer just gutted the way it enedes
and lost world just left you with clif hanger and to be continued but was cancelled 😭😭
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List