Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Gift ideas for university students

Please can anyone suggest any ideas what I can give as a gift for someone starting university. I was thinking of a parcel maybe with some bits of food (not sure what though), toiletries and a blanket. Can anyone else think what might be useful. It is for my son's girlfriend.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lidl or Aldi have a small George Foreman for about 13, my son is very happy to get his from his older brother. Can use it for loads of dishes etc.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Lidl or Aldi have a small George Foreman for about 13, my son is very happy to get his from his older brother. Can use it for loads of dishes etc.
That sounds like a good idea, thank you.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s a lovely thought. A nice frame to put a favourite photo in may be appreciated. Her favourite chocolates or (my daughter would like) biscuits. A gift card for Starbucks or Costa (again something I’ve bought our DD) or Pizza Express (or similar) or a practical choice like Tesco/Sainsbury’s gift card.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That’s a lovely thought. A nice frame to put a favourite photo in may be appreciated. Her favourite chocolates or (my daughter would like) biscuits. A gift card for Starbucks or Costa (again something I’ve bought our DD) or Pizza Express (or similar) or a practical choice like Tesco/Sainsbury’s gift card.
Thank you, some good suggestions there I like the idea of a supermarket gift card for something practical and the photo frame for something personal.
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

My son swears by his George Grill but my daughter loves a blankie and cushions!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
My son swears by his George Grill but my daughter loves a blankie and cushions!
Yes I was thinking of a blanket as we all love a blanket when watching tv here.
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

I have bought for a few people starting mugs, and triple stacking biscuit tins filled the tins with biscuits, cake and sweets they went down really well, in fact one of my daughters friends joked after 1st year if she brought the tins back could I refill them 🤣
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

My daughter’s boyfriend’s mum has just given my DD a really lovely mug with a personal message from a local pottery which my DD loves and a tub of chocolates.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklepants
slightly serious Dibber

sparklepants's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Yes I was thinking of a blanket as we all love a blanket when watching tv here.
Next have lovely Pom Pom blankets, quite reasonable. I got a pink one and I think it was £12 x I bought my nephew a cook book and a Tesco voucher!