Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Background - I work for small cruise line, 14 years.
Am furloughed, but we were told last week that restructuring of our company would begin this week.

Yesterday I got an email saying to be present for a video meeting today, at four thirty, to discuss propsed changes to the company and that these may affect my role. Others were also invited to the chat.

Today at 3pm got another email, postponing the meeting until tomorrow afternoon! Not happy, wish they would just get on with it... then I will know whether I am drinking wine to celebrate or commiserate!
Good luck today, fingers crossed for you 😍🤞🤞
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Got everything crossed for you today. Good luck😘xxx
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Cruising eh?... , what a carry on !

Good luck today., if you are as nice in the real world as you are in the virtual, it will be a breeze 👍

Disney332
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Good Luck Loopylooloo - sending massive positivity vibes for a happy outcome today
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Thanks, its one of those companies where everyone is like a family, we all love it and most people have over twenty years service, so we are all in the same boat so to speak! even if I keep my job, others who I have known for many years might not, its going to be difficult whichever way I look at it.

I do think it was a shame they had to make us wait for the meeting, I hate those video calls! I had waited all day on tenderhooks yesterday (and put mascara on, only to be told wait till today!)

Some people havent got to attend, so its a bit like being on X Factor at boot camp and wondering which room you are in, am I through to the next round or going home... I will let you know later today (hopefully) thanks for all the lovely messages.
Bless you. I have been in that situation and the uncertainty is the worst. I hope all goes well today!
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Cruising eh?... , what a carry on !

Good luck today., if you are as nice in the real world as you are in the virtual, it will be a breeze 👍

Disney332
Thats such a kind thing to say thank you 😊

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sending best wishes that you receive good news from your meeting today x
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

good luck for today
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
just want saying Good Luck
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Wishing you all the very best for today. Like you say, no matter what it seems that changes are afoot for your company. You seem to have an awesome attitude to it though and I'm sure that will carry you through.

My husband and I both work in travel too with 15yrs at our current company and while ours is considered one of the larger "fish", we are still expecting major changes when the furloughs are through. Its hard not to worry but worrying never changed the outcome of anything did it?
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List