Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
enchantica
slightly serious Dibber

enchantica's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
When my late husband Neil was with us September was our prefered month as it was our wedding anniversary. Irma certainly hasn't changed my mind. Today me and my girls are looking at heading into town and trying to get a booking for this coming November. We had been due to fly out just a few days ago but our flight was cancelled because of Irma.

June 1994 and Xmas 1995 Villas in Kissimmee
Sept 2007 - Pop Century /Sept 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sept 2011 - POR - CANCELLED / Sept 2017 - AOA - CANCELLED (Irma)

Edited at 12:13 PM.
enchantica is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

If you want to avoid hurricanes you have a window of December-April for your holiday and that won't suit the majority on here. September is the most active month normally but you can't predict it. I'm of the view that you can't control it and a lot comes down to luck. Matthew was early October last year.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

as you cant predict when in the 4 month window you might get hit & given we are tied to August for the next 4 years it wouldnt put me off

been last 2 weeks in august last 3 years and apart from the usual storms (a lot less this year) all good
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

My three visits so far have all been August, and because we do three weeks we don't really have a choice (Son is 13). We don't mind the heat and humidity and like the showers.
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
In 23 years of mid August to mid September trips we have had 2 direct hits. Charley and Irma.
The odds speak for themselves. You pay your money and take your chances.
Cant be doing with what ifs and worrying over something I have no control over.

I found ash cloud year more stressful than a hurricane.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Not put us off, We were there this time last year and wil be next year too. But we will check the small print on our travel insurance!
Old 11 Sep 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
No not at all, follow safety and curfews, been many times in August, it's a case with school hols if going for 3 weeks or more then we have to go in August?
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
benjitheman
a Friend of the DIBB

It certainly hasn't put me off - we're going on the 27th September and I'm looking forward to it more now than I was before. I don't think it'd put me off going back at this time of year again either.
benjitheman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Can understand you're opening post but as other Dibbers have said, follow their advice & you will be fine, personally I would never go in September, we go in October next year & can't wait, we will be celebrating our 3rd Wedding Anniversary while we are there & just over the last coupla hours we've said we will go back in 5 years (on our own) to celebrate milestone birthdays.

How I see it personally, you have 1 life, grab it while you can & don't let things put you off... life is for living.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I wish I could say 'No' but my Mum and Auntie really don't want to go in September now because of Irma. We were gonna go in September 2019 but they want to switch to July now. I wanted September as it's quieter, cheaper and I have a shot at Epcot Food and Wine! Maybe they'll change their mind when prices come out in January...
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List