Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Nov 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Is Val d'Europe walkable from the Relais Spa?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Is Val d'Europe walkable from the Relais Spa?
Not sure if you mean the RER station or the shopping centre, however, the train station is about a 2/3 minute walk and the shopping centre a further 2 to entrance. I haven't explored the full extent of the shopping centre, only ever going to the Auchan, but it seems it could stretch on a good deal further than that.

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC
diby5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Yeah, we took the AP discount into account and it was still nowhere close to free dining. We did consider the Relais, actually! We could definitely do it a lot cheaper there if we cooked for ourselves but I can't imagine going and not doing Agrabah and Cape Cod! I might have to have a rethink though
We only tended to make breakfast and snacks, or a late small dinner if we'd just had something small in parks. But save a load just by buying a pack of pastries/fruit etc and drinks and not paying each day!
Old 2 Nov 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
We only tended to make breakfast and snacks, or a late small dinner if we'd just had something small in parks. But save a load just by buying a pack of pastries/fruit etc and drinks and not paying each day!
Not to mention the time spent queuing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I had an AP a few years ago, and currently have an AP (though unfortunately I now live rather far away - only got my current AP as it was about the same cost as a 5 day ticket).

What I used to do was:
- Book Eurostar 3 months in advance - this is (was?) when they would release the indirect trips via Lille, which I usually found easier to book than the direct trains
- Stay off-site - I tended to stay at the Ibis at Val d'Europe, which is only one stop away from DLP on the RER. It was also very close to the shopping centre which is great for doing a spot of shopping (and for Auchan!). This year I was at the Hipark Serris, which is actually within walking distance of DLP.
Old 3 Nov 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We have had passes a couple of times. This time we bought dream passes last December. We have had several trips. In the past we always stayed offsite mostly at the Adagio and used tesco vouchers for the eurotunnel and driven. We have had free parking. 5 days free disney doggy daycare when Sparky joined us. An enormous amount of money saved on souvenirs (20%) as we have bought a lot! 10% off all food and drink. In August we did 5 nights at Newport Bay for 50% discount. By then we had more than saved all the money we spent on passes as we saved 800 on our hotel stay and our passes cost 800. We have now just booked 2 rooms at Sequoia lodge for 22/12 - 24/12 as we are taking family too for their first trip. Again we got 50% off. For us it is well worth it but we can only go in school holidays when hotels are expensive so savings are higher.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List