Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
First timer ... help please!

Hi
We have been to Florida a couple of times, and we are thinking of squeezing in a trip to DLP. Apologies now for the long post but I have so many questions!

We'd like to stay onsite, we are 2 adults one 8 year old boy, which DLP hotel would you recommend? We normally stay moderate at WDW, so something of similar standard would be good.

When is the best time to book for offers? We always do the dining plan at WDW, but is it better to pay as you go in Paris, or is it expensive and better to have the dining plan? We aren't big eaters, but do like the convenience of knowing meals are taken care of on the dining plan.

We will probably fly from Bristol to Paris, am I correct in thinking I can ring Disney and book a magical express transfer? How much does this normally cost?

We were thinking 3-4 nights would be plenty for us as the first day and last would be mostly travelling it would give us 2 full days plus a bit in the parks. Do you think that's ok?

We'd like to go at Xmas (just before or just after) or in the summer holidays, what are the good bad points about these times? I am guessing both will be busy, but don't really want to take DS out of school.

Any help / advice appreciated

Edited at 02:59 PM.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18hwc
Earning More Ears

Hi - I can't answer all your queries but hopefully some of the below you'll find useful.

I can recommend May half term Mon-Fri (we did wed-sun) but week days were much quieter. Friends have done July / August and have found it incredibly busy. Can't comment about Xmas.

We stayed in Sequioa Lodge - lovely - quick into the parks. Friends stayed at Hotel New York in 2015 and enjoyed it but I know some people on here think its slightly tired and is probably due a refurb. Disneys Newport Bay was refurbed last year - don't know anyone that has stayed there, but similar price level to the other two and looks lovely.

We did a meal plan - I think it was half board plus (1 table service meal a day). We filled up on our free hotel breakfast and then took sandwich bags with rolls and fruit / snacks we had bought with us, into the parks and had an early dinner about 5-6pm. This worked really well for us, although I gather the meal plans may have changed since we went last year. We did Plaza Gardens, Cafe Mickey, Bistro Chez Remy, Hunters Grill - we liked them all!

We found 3 full days in the two parks was perfect - we did everything we wanted to do.

We initially booked 9 months ahead but then saw a great deal at Sequioa Lodge with the dining plan included in the January sales, so upgraded our booking.

I would also try looking at different country websites as they all have different offers! I think originally we were looking at Ireland deals (the euro got us more for our money back then!) Then eventually we booked through the german site as it was cheaper than the UK!

Hope that helps. Happy Planning
Minnie18hwc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

If we where to go again, we would go to the newport bay. Id avoid hotel new york as its getting refurbed (we went last Nov, were disapointed as the rooms had lost there wow factor).

Id chose a dining plan if i was to go again, i would resent quite a few of the prices if i did not have it. I personally loved the buffets.

We did 4 nights and it was ample, the last day if you book your flights right you get most of the day anyway.

We went 14th nov, the first week of the xmas stuff, bad points - cold, very cold, quite a lot of restaurants / snack wagons shut, also at the end of the week we noticed they where putting a few more christmassy bits out so felt a bit short changed.

Good points, nice and quiet, the cold does make it feel more festive! loved the cowboy show.

Most important thing - DO NOT GO EXPECTING FLORIDA DISNEY CLONE, they are 2 different entities, it does seem some of the issues we had are being ironed out now its fully disney owned. Its a beutiful place, dont let that comment put you off any.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Becca Wecca
Excited about Disney

When my husband booked our trip for next month he booked the flights separately but was still able to book the magical express in the Disney package. Or you can book it from the below link:

m.magicalshuttle
Becca Wecca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You can book the coach, but a lot of people here recommend other means of transfer. I've only ever used the coach, but if I go back will consider shared shuttle. I've always been lucky with flight arrival times, regarding the coach.
I know a lot of people recommend rs transport, and I think ezy shuttle? I'm sure someone who has used them will be along shortly to advise properly. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Thank you everyone for your help, I'm so excited to explore the Paris parks. I think we will consider May half term after your help with a dining plan. Also good to know the transfer is easy to book
Thanks again
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List