Old 8 Oct 06, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Ah nice. Lots of texture. The rocks give us a sense of place, and the water a sense of distance. Love it.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 06, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pictures again everyone!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 06, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
That's a great view Pam -I like the way the river leads your eye to Everest

Danny - I love the way the trees frame the shot - although I'd probably prefer slightly less tree and more view - could you not have got the loppers out

I love your picture Andy - the contrast between the lights and the sea and sky - which are the same shade of blue work really well. There's lots going on which you don't realise until you look at it a few times

I saw that picture in your other thread Lana and it's a stunner - you can just feel the peacefulness

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 06, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I forgot to post my photo. This was taken in our back garden at sunrise in May on a foggy morning with the Fuji S5500

Edited at 07:26 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 06, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Dibb Photo Club Day 3 07/10/06-13/10/06

This weeks subject is 'Landscapes'..

Landscape should be the prominent feature but remember theres no reason for buildings etc not to sit naturally in the landscape, they just should not be overwhelming the image.

Just some basic rules again..

Now just some general rules.

*1. Any Landscape image, may be posted.
*2. Only 1 image can be posted each day per dibber.
*3 Every effort should be made to post recently photographed images.
*4. Supply as much info as you feel you can e.g. Camera type, shutter speed, etc.
*5. Please post a subject name in the subject line.
*6. Try to post constructive comments, so that we can all get something from the vast pool of knowledge we have here on the Photo forum.
*7 Try to keep your largest dimension to around 600 to 800 pixels
A "well done" of course can/should be posted too.

Thank you for participating

Danny

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 06, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Lovely dreamy photo Tink, that lonesome tree looks so mysterious in the fog with the sun behind it. I may have been tempted to crop the tree to the right out to make the full tree a real focus of attention with the sun gliding at 1-o-clock above it, and play around with the space then anove the sun.

That is a beautiful image Lana, apart from the contrasting textures, I particular love the way the movement in the water and the clouds seem to mirror each other..

I always struggle with night shots Andy, I can never select the correct length of exposure to get the light trails from cars to work, and if I do theres never any cars around when I finally release the shutter. I particularly like how the exposure has worked to keep the far headland in view rather than just a patch of blackness beyond the shorefront. Where is it by the way.

Another great icon pic from Pam, these pics just make me want to get there quickly...

Absolutely love Steves bluebells in the wood shot,the form, colours and composition are really lovely, very magical..

Beautifully framed shot from Linda and a great depth of field and sharpness of focus in the frame.. The Cable Cars really lead the eyes in to the town.

Love how Anne has used the tree on the right to frame the picture and the little bird is a little extra surprise that then makes your eyes re scan the picture..

I really like Alvins snow scape, boy it does look chilly. I sometimes push the exposure up a third of a stop on snow just to get the whiteness back in my whites however in this case I think the colour gives more of a sense of storm conditions and a deeper chill factor. If you do ever change your white balance in the camera to try to correct snow don't forget to change it back..

Love this shot of Rustys for the fine detail on the rock in the foreground yet the great depth of field . Its also a great composition with lovely leading into the subject (in this case the valley floor and river) qualities.

Sorry for posting backwards, didnt realise I was doing it until it was too late ..

Danny

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 06, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

No offerings from me I'm afraid but I wanted to say how much I am enjoying all your lovely pictures. A perfect reminder of what a beautiful world we live in...

Diane x
Old 9 Oct 06, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by dcmax
Lovely dreamy photo Tink, that lonesome tree looks so mysterious in the fog with the sun behind it. I may have been tempted to crop the tree to the right out to make the full tree a real focus of attention with the sun gliding at 1-o-clock above it, and play around with the space then anove the sun...
Like this ?

Edited at 07:26 PM.
Old 9 Oct 06, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Talking Epcot

Fantastic shots guys!

This one was took back in May in Epcot - Off the old digital camera - which is about 3yrs old

Camera model: HP PhotoSmart 318
Resolution: 640 x 429
Flash used: No
Focal length: 6.8mm
Exposure time: 0.0013 s (1/750)
Aperture: f/80.0
Focus dist.: 0.78m
ISO equiv.: 100

Keep up the good work you lot!
Old 9 Oct 06, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Not much to the composition but it was taken hanging out of a moving train in switzerland so couldnt ask them to stop to allow me to setup the shot. I loved this though as it was early morning and the steam coming off the house due to the sun hitting it.
Closed Thread