Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Dec 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

We’ve jumped ship from April to Oct 2021 (originally booked for Oct 2020). We were getting twitchy with our final payment due to VH mid Jan. once again they were fab moving our dates, deposit and final balance due date to July.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Well we've bailed out - we are keeping the deposit for the villa through Debbies Villas in place and it can be used up to the end of 2023.

Great service from Debbies Villas again - this is the third time we've shifted the booking

Flight is with Delta but we'll run the gauntlet that they will cancel the flight and get a refund.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Hard choices but I think the right one. Im not even considering this year for abroad, not because I wound not go, but because I think there will be mandatory quarantines in place for either arrival or return or both and I don't have that much time. 2022 is where I'm looking now.
Old 11 Feb 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
Hard choices but I think the right one. Im not even considering this year for abroad, not because I wound not go, but because I think there will be mandatory quarantines in place for either arrival or return or both and I don't have that much time. 2022 is where I'm looking now.
We are booked for Boston (USA!) for October, moved from October 2020 - that should be ok surely, I mean what could possibly go wrong!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
It depends on what you mean by 'mandatory quarantines'. I have no issue with quarantine from home - my employer has asked me to WFH since March 2020 anyway. What worries me is forced hotel quarantine and forced testing before travel.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
It depends on what you mean by 'mandatory quarantines'. I have no issue with quarantine from home - my employer has asked me to WFH since March 2020 anyway. What worries me is forced hotel quarantine and forced testing before travel.
USA currently not on red list and if vaccination carries on the same way hopefully wont be - but if a new variant came along who the hell knows?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
I don't think the USA require visitors from countries on their safe-list to quarantine on arrival, so on that front we're probably OK. But President Biden has got to lift the near blanket ban on visitors from the UK entering the USA... and I certainly don't see that happening by April.

I too have had to WFH since March, so home quarantine on return would not be an issue for us. We both have family living nearby who could shop & drop food on our doorstep for the quarantine period.

We've got Center Parcs booked for late April (moved from April 2020) and I don't see that going ahead at present. Or if it does, they have heavily restricted activities / access to the pool to 2x 2hr visits for a 4 night break.

Back to Florida, we'll probably look to go in May 2022 & book later in the year when we can see how things are panning out.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Certainly there will be no change by April, but hopefully by late September.
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
USA currently not on red list and if vaccination carries on the same way hopefully wont be - but if a new variant came along who the hell knows?
True, but then who is to say that there won't be a new virus in 2022 or WW3 or the second coming of Christ... etc.
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
We are booked for Boston (USA!) for October, moved from October 2020 - that should be ok surely, I mean what could possibly go wrong!
Boston in the fall. Not many better places to be than there. Fingers crossed for you.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List