Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 31 Aug 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Need beach recommendations

So we've booked Disney and flights for next Aug. Super excited. Now looking at going to a beach for the second week of our hols. Last Easter we did Naples, which was lovely, but we were on the outskirts because the heart of Naples is so expensive and it was a bit of a pain having to get in the car to do everything. We loved the restaurants and proximity of the Everglades for a day trip, but would like to do something different.

Would like to spend less than £1K on a weeks accommodation.
Want a condo or villa - full kitchen, livingroom, 2 bedrooms.
Close to a beach.
Close to a national park or wildlife refuge. Quite fancy a boat trip, maybe fishing and/or canoe hire.
Close to a community for shops/restaurants
Fairly quiet, not too built up - we'd hate to be in a Benidorm style super touristy resort - not sure if such places exist in Florida but we've previously done trips to Agadir and to Marmaris and found them soulless.

I've had a recommendation of Anna Maria Island - which looks really sweet - but haven't found that much accommodation available (looking in the wrong place)? I've been to Maderia Beach as a child and have warm fuzzy memories of St Johns - bit worried that Clearwater area is now very built up - haven't been since 1990. Rough Guide is very down on the whole area.

Share the beach resorts you love and why x
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Personally I would choose Siesta Key Village. I've been to Daytona and Clearwater but Siesta Key hits the mark for us. We stay at the Ringling Beach House which is amazing but it works out approx £200 per night but nothing is cheap in that area accommodation wise. Bars and restaurants with live music and amazing beach all in walking distance and lovely little village centre with ice cream parlour and a few shops. Also there is a free taxi service too which works on tips.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

another vote for siesta key... or st augustine if you fancy a trip to the east coast...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

I have just come back from a week on AMI. I think that the place that we stayed in fits your requirements. If you look on my trip report which is titled:
Highs and lows of a diabetic abroad. Anna Maria Island ( Sorry I don't know how to put a link in)

The villa is called Triple Play.
Has two bedrooms, an amazing pool and private dock. We fished and saw Manatees and turtles swimming past throughout the day. We also went on a kayak trip.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisatink View Post
I have just come back from a week on AMI. I think that the place that we stayed in fits your requirements. If you look on my trip report which is titled:
Highs and lows of a diabetic abroad. Anna Maria Island ( Sorry I don't know how to put a link in)

The villa is called Triple Play.
Has two bedrooms, an amazing pool and private dock. We fished and saw Manatees and turtles swimming past throughout the day. We also went on a kayak trip.
That does sound perfect - Off to look at your trip report now - thank you!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List