Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Weddings and Honeymoons
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.
Closed Thread
Unread 15 Jun 14, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TKR
slightly serious Dibber

TKR's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: -1
It's your day and you should do everything you want to do and the memories will be so special. Enjoy every moment.

2007 & 2009 - Sheraton Safari
2011 - Sheraton Vistana Resort

2014 - Orange Tree Dibb Villa
2017 - Calabay Parc Tower Lakes Dibb Villa
TKR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
TKR + ABCD
Unread 15 Jun 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollyjojo
Excited about Disney

Thanks all for your kind words and good wishes.
Tabz than you I will come back to you if I ever decide what I want!
Juliab exciting that we are getting married a day apart. I will be thinking of you too and can't wait to see pictures.

I have made some progress today:

The dress - is bought! It's very simple as I planned and not totally wedding like but I love it so that's the main think. I've ordered a little bolero to go with it as it might be cool in the ballon at sunrise ! Or at the wishes cruise ... What do you think? It's florida in August it's going be boiling right! Or raining hot water !

The shoes - I have shoes now but I'm not sure about them tbh. Shoes in a balloon and suitable for a wedding even though it is laid back is tricky. So I'm going to try and jazz them up and see what I think then . I want a heel because I'm tiny and my partner is tall but I can't wear silk ( I'm going to be in a field! and I need something semi sensible). I did think about the four of us wearing a different colour pair of converse each perhaps with lace laces. But that won't give me any height. I then tried some irregular choice shoes but they felt weird so I went with a pair of ivory wedge espadrilles. Th love the lave fronts but the rope bits umm not so sure. So that bit of my outfit needs work.

My ring is also ordered. It needs shaping to my other ring so apparently I was cutting it fine:/

Beauty aspects - have me a little perplexed. Our balloon service is a sun rise so I don't thing getting my hair or makeup done is very practical. I wear very little makeup so I'm going to have to practice and as for my hair. Well it's naturally curly and phone to frizz in humid weather. ... It's not going to be a good luck is it! Any way I've book for a cut and highlights a good week before I go and again I will just have to practice up and down styles. I do have my nails done every couple of weeks so as from wed I am going to test colours.

No a question what do I do about my glasses? Mine are dark tortoiseshell and mint green. I think I need subtle new ones ( but not sure that's me ) or contacts. What do you all think?

I have dug out a little purse that mum embroidered for her own wedding. She gave it me years ago and I thought that might be my something old.

I've talked to the girls about their outfits and boy is that going to be challenging. I've told them that they can have whatever they want ( subject to cost) so long as they go together. So far they are struggling to agree. I'm going to book a day shopping and refuse to come home until they are sorted.

We have looked at outfits for OH but that's going to be even more challenging so I've given up

So some progress but not great. We have been somewhat distracted by my eldest getting her first job she is going to be teaching year 1 infants from Sept and is so happy. we are just waiting for her results, when they are confirmed I might be able to concentrate.

Busy days at work this week but back to it as soon as possible

Jo x
Aug-2006 - EuroDisney / Apr-2007 - Lake Berkley / Oct-2008 - Miami & BellaVida / Aug-2009 - Las Vegas & Los Angeles & Annaheim / Jul-2010 - Terra Verde / Jul -2011 Regal Palms/Mar 2012 New Orleans, Memphis & Nashville/Aug 2012Toronto & Niagara on the lake/June 2013 Smokey Mountains & Charleston SC /Aug 13 DLP/ Texas road trip May 14/Orlando Hot Air Balloon Wedding Aug14/NYC AUG 15
Dollyjojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vegas check!New York August.SC planning!
Unread 15 Jun 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds absolutely wonderful. Just perfect you are doing everything so personal to you all. Wishes cruise will be amazing! Look forward to hearing your plans!
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again!
Unread 15 Jun 14, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
whiskygirl
Apprentice Imagineer

How exciting. Look forward to seeing the pics
Unread 16 Jun 14, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Mobile

congrats sounds amazing xx

I love cheese cake factory too haha xx

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California dreaming
Unread 17 Jun 14, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride2Be
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Ah I LOVE your plans...congratulations...not long now!
DisneyBride2Be is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Wedding Holiday
Unread 17 Jun 14, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollyjojo
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for your lovely comments and for taking an interest

I have made no progress whatsoever and am slightly worried. I am going for my nails doing tomorrow so can secretly start testing options!

I have also been thinking about confetti and how that can make a nice picture. Then I got thinking about the environment and that although you can buy bio degradable confetti I'm not sure how long it hands around and I don't want to spoil the field

Anyway I wondered whether to get the girls those bubble guns. They would have life with them and I wondered if that might be different in the pictures. It's also in line with the whole balloon theme... Am I mad ? What do you think?

J x
Aug-2006 - EuroDisney / Apr-2007 - Lake Berkley / Oct-2008 - Miami & BellaVida / Aug-2009 - Las Vegas & Los Angeles & Annaheim / Jul-2010 - Terra Verde / Jul -2011 Regal Palms/Mar 2012 New Orleans, Memphis & Nashville/Aug 2012Toronto & Niagara on the lake/June 2013 Smokey Mountains & Charleston SC /Aug 13 DLP/ Texas road trip May 14/Orlando Hot Air Balloon Wedding Aug14/NYC AUG 15
Dollyjojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vegas check!New York August.SC planning!
Unread 18 Jun 14, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 26
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dollyjojo View Post
Anyway I wondered whether to get the girls those bubble guns. They would have life with them and I wondered if that might be different in the pictures. It's also in line with the whole balloon theme... Am I mad ? What do you think?

J x
I think that would be really sweet

Have fun getting your nails done x
2015 - Rosen Inn, International Drive
2016 & 2017 - Our HalloWedding & HalloWedding Anniversary, Caribbean Beach
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Early 1st HalloWedding Anniversary Trip!
Closed Thread