Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Jul 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Buying Disney Gift Cards With PayPal

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has successfully bought Disney gift cards recently? I have bought them from Target numerous times in the past but it is no longer letting me. I get as far as selecting Paypal and opting to pay from my Paypal account but it then takes me back to the payment page and advises that gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards! I have tried reducing the amount to $100 but still receive the same error.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? Or is there anywhere else that will allow gift cards to be purchased by Paypal?

Thanks!

Edited at 12:26 PM.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has successfully bought Disney gift cards recently? I have bought them from Target numerous times in the past but it is no longer letting me. I get as far as selecting Paypal and opting to pay from my Paypal account but it then takes me back to the payment page and advises that gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards! I have tried reducing the amount to $100 but still receive the same error.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? Or is there anywhere else that will allow gift cards to be purchased by Paypal?

Thanks!
Just tried purchasing a $25 card on Target with using our OKW as home address and got to the point where it directed us to the log on page for Paypal, but we didn't choose to log on to complete the purchase.

Also tried Disney Shop and Walmart where again you need to use your DVC resort as your home address, that also worked up to the Paypal log on page. But Walmart only sell's the $25 or $50 egift cards, whereas Disney Shop sell's 10 various amounts up to $500 and offers a new Star Wars Child Disney Gift Card eGift of The Mandalorian.

So did you get as far as the Paypal log on page?

shopdisney/buy-a-dis...?start=0&sz=24

walmart/ip/Disney-25...very/616165202
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Yes, I’m able to log into my PayPal account and select to pay with my PayPal balance. It then takes me back to the Target page where it says I cannot purchase gift cards with gift cards!
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks!
Yes I have bought several since mid March. As other posters have said you need to use your Disney resort address as your home address and make it your default address.
I couldn't do it via PayPal either; but I used Mastercard which I've always used when we we're staying at a Disney resort and to buy tickets etc. I also have the same card registered and saved on Disney Store from when I've had orders delivered to AKL.
I clicked 'use saved card' and it worked a treat.
Hope you can make sense of this and that it helps.

edit to add: Should have said, I bought my ecards directly from the US Disney store I also use the same card to pay our DVC annual dues

Edited at 12:18 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Yes I have bought several since mid March. As other posters have said you need to use your Disney resort address as your home address and make it your default address.
I couldn't do it via PayPal either; but I used Mastercard which I've always used when we we're staying at a Disney resort and to buy tickets etc. I also have the same card registered and saved on Disney Store from when I've had orders delivered to AKL.
I clicked 'use saved card' and it worked a treat.
Hope you can make sense of this and that it helps.

edit to add: Should have said, I bought my ecards directly from the US Disney store I also use the same card to pay our DVC annual dues
The only reason I am buying gift cards is to use the dollars in my PayPal account!

I have cards I could otherwise use to pay my dues and for other international transactions, but I have a lot of dollars in my PayPal account that I wish to use without paying to convert them to pounds.

I've edited the title to make it clearer as it's only using PayPal that I'm having a problem with at the moment. I don't otherwise have any need of gift cards.

Alternatively, if I can't make this work, does anyone know a different way I can use PayPal to pay my dues without buying gift cards?

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

The only reason I am buying gift cards is to use the dollars in my PayPal account!

I have cards I could otherwise use to pay my dues and for other international transactions, but I have a lot of dollars in my PayPal account that I wish to use without paying to convert them to pounds.

I've edited the title to make it clearer as it's only using PayPal that I'm having a problem with at the moment. I don't otherwise have any need of gift cards.

Alternatively, if I can't make this work, does anyone know a different way I can use PayPal to pay my dues without buying gift cards?
Ahhh well it's great that you have dollars in your PayPal but it's a shame you can't use them in a straightforward way.
Have you tried adding a dollar receptive card to PayPal and marking it your preferred method of payment for your $$$ wallet?
Just a suggestion; I don't know if this would actually work in reverse order - good luck
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

We just tried for a $25 gift on card on Target and after processing on Paypal it took us back to Target where it stated Gift cards - Can't be used on this order, so not sure why it has change.

Why not give the Shop Disney web site a go with just $25 and let us know how you get on, if you have a problem then we'll give it a try.

Good luck
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Ahhh well it's great that you have dollars in your PayPal but it's a shame you can't use them in a straightforward way.
Have you tried adding a dollar receptive card to PayPal and marking it your preferred method of payment for your $$$ wallet?
Just a suggestion; I don't know if this would actually work in reverse order - good luck
Thanks. I was wondering if I could pay it on to my Revolut card but it's not something I've tried before, and I've never really used that card either. I might have to give it a go!
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
We just tried for a $25 gift on card on Target and after processing on Paypal it took us back to Target where it stated Gift cards - Can't be used on this order, so not sure why it has change.

Why not give the Shop Disney web site a go with just $25 and let us know how you get on, if you have a problem then we'll give it a try.

Good luck

Thanks. At least I'm not the only one.
Old 6 Jul 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

I'm currently trying through Shop Disney. It seems to have accepted my order! Just waiting for the card. Starting to panic that they might actually post it to Beach Club for me.