Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 23 Mar 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Surely the best motivation is your health and longevity?!?

Maybe check out some health statistics that should do the trick

I've heard smokers saying "I don't have any motivation to give up"... as if dying isn't motivation enough
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
Surely the best motivation is your health and longevity?!?

Maybe check out some health statistics that should do the trick

I've heard smokers saying "I don't have any motivation to give up"... as if dying isn't motivation enough
You'd think so right? I'm well aware of the health implications of carrying extra weight. I love salad and veg and I eat all my meat lean. But I also love chocolate and cake.

I quit smoking 9 years ago. I lost over 8st too. Both were incredibly difficult and before I'd attempted I thought both were impossible and though it was all worthwhile to my health there were times I thought I wasnt going to be able to keep at it.

I've happened to gain a couple of stone back and now I need a lil kick up the bum and a little support. I'm afraid I didnt find your comment supportive or helpful.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
You'd think so right? I'm well aware of the health implications of carrying extra weight. I love salad and veg and I eat all my meat lean. But I also love chocolate and cake.

I quit smoking 9 years ago. I lost over 8st too. Both were incredibly difficult and before I'd attempted I thought both were impossible and though it was all worthwhile to my health there were times I thought I wasnt going to be able to keep at it.

I've happened to gain a couple of stone back and now I need a lil kick up the bum and a little support. I'm afraid I didnt find your comment supportive or helpful.
The gaining weight and losing weight is not the end of the story though. It's the long term effect, our hearts, our arteries, our state of mind... etc.

The truth ought to bring about lifestyle changes, not serve as an irritation or offence. It's not there to be helpful or supportive, it's just there to inform. The choice is still ours to make.

Saying we like this bad stuff isn't the whole story. We like things in context. If we change that context, lifestyle if you like, then we change what we like. We become repulsed by what is bad for us. Dieting, for example, is keeping the context the same and hence cycling back to weight gain, or making us miserable by denying us what we desire.

Whatever you do... good luck!
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

The only thing that's motivating me at the moment is the fact none of my holiday clothes fit and I really don't want to go out and buy everything new for a 2 week holiday.

I find once I start losing weight, which takes a couple of weeks of false starts, then I'm in the right frame of mind to reach my goal (so far I'm 2lb off a stone since beginning of February with ideally another stone to lose).

I calorie count so no food is banned, can eat what I fancy just smaller portions.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List