Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Jul 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Upgrading Passes to annual

Just looking at annual Disney passes, but want to ask a couple of questions. Can we buy passes here and then upgrade when we get there? If we can upgrade there, how do they work out the price? Is this easier than buying them here direct from Disney? Do we all have to upgrade, or can just one person in the party upgrade and get benefits in shops and restaurants for all the party? Does it include Memory maker?

Edited at 01:21 PM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

You can buy the 14 day ticket and upgrade over there. Its cheaper to go with the no water park option.
One member of your party can upgrade and discounts and free parking.
Annual pass holders only get 7 days of FPs though. Also you loose the FPs you have already booked post 7 days.
It includes photos.
waiting4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone can upgrade. It can be done after first use but must be before the ticket expires. Don't go to water parks if you want a non water parks annual pass.

Disney take what you paid and subtract that from the cost of the annual pass. Their maths is questionable at best and different cast members can give wildly different prices. I started a thread in the DVC forum a few months ago and members have reported as much as a $200 per ticket discrepancy! I have done both upgrading and buying upfront, and I'd aim to do the latter if we were to do it again because it's a guaranteed price and less hassle.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the replies, good help. I know we've got lots of time before we go, but want to have all options before we get tickets
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Hoping to upgrade this year when we go. We bought the normal 6 park 14 day tickets from ATD so not sure what the cost will be. Ive heard its less than buying tickets again next year - We go Mid November this year and early November next year, with a week in May too.

Is there a big difference for adding the water parks? Im not so fussed on Typhoon lagoon as have been a couple of times before, my wee girl hasn't and might like it though. Blizzard beach is usually closed when we go late in the year but with our bonus May trip we could catch it then...

Ive tried asking Disney what the cost is but they cant tell me

Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List