Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile Plane, train or automobile

At the moment price wise flying is coming out the cheapest and we are only 30 mins from the airport.
Is there any disadvantage with flying or taking our car on the tunnel i.e timewise/ease of getting around? (Staying off site but near a train station)
Eurostar works out a lot dearer at the moment.
Old 6 Feb 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
stumpe
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
At the moment price wise flying is coming out the cheapest and we are only 30 mins from the airport.
Is there any disadvantage with flying or taking our car on the tunnel i.e timewise/ease of getting around? (Staying off site but near a train station)
Eurostar works out a lot dearer at the moment.
Flying is good, but as always the restrictions are luggage space and also getting to and from CDG from the hotel (private transfers is around €130 return), if you are staying offsite then its getting from your hotel to Disney and back each day by train (do they offer a free shuttle from your hotel?).

Driving takes 3hrs from Calais and the tolls are around €27 each way, on the plus side its such a easy drive and you will have no luggage issues if you wanted to bring loads back.

Eurotunnel is really the most expensive way to travel unless you can get the cheap seats or the non direct train, we was quoted £800 for Eurostar for our trip this year but flying will be less than half that and driving will be less than £250.

We have done all the ways of travel and we like flying or driving.

Lee
stumpe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I always like the drive but then travelling down from South Wales it is always going to be a long one. Just like the ability to bring back items that are a bit easier than having to go via the airport and all the security
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks.

We are 1 hour from Folkestone. Hadn't factored in tolls cost though thanks.
We would only take hand luggage on the flight so would be very restricted. It turns out trains in the evening aren't that frequent so we would need to hire a car from the airport to get to the flat. The flat is a few minutes walk from Marne de Vallee shopping centre.

Eurostar is more expensive and when I worked out times it isn't as quick as I thought 🤔
Very roughly from house to flat
5 hours by car
4.5 hours plane
4 hours Eurostar
Old 8 Feb 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sjc100
Gone all Goofy

I'm not a massive fan of driving it, but honestly I think it is the best option if you are within range of Dover or Folkestone. The price of the Eurostar is now absurd if you don't get really lucky with a deal in my opinion. And flying just involves so much faffing around.

Also, I know DLP isnt exactly the places to go if you want to be thrifty full stop, but having the car means you can load it up with snacks that will cover your lunch. That can easily save a family £50 a day.

Personally, we would always drive now. We can split it the France side and do hour shifts, plus my daughter loves both the ferry and the tunnel
sjc100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I always drive (from Hull). With Eurotunnel there are so many crossing options, that way I can plan exactly when I want to arrive & leave to max my time in the Parks.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As we live in London Eurostar is best for us. If you buy early enough you can get a decent price.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ALuk
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
As we live in London Eurostar is best for us. If you buy early enough you can get a decent price.
I totally agree with this. If you book in advance, the train tickets won't be that far off flight tickets.

Eurostar isn't that expensive from my experience...
ALuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List